Broken rolling closet door

infusedsandwichFebruary 8, 2014

Hello, so basically the little ''pot'' where the metal sticks go in so that the door slides fluidly, has moved out of the sticks. I can't seem to get it back in and have no clue what that little black lip is. The image is taken from behind the door. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

It's a little hard to understand your terminology. However, I'll take a stab at answering your question. My guess is that the black nylon bracket is supposed to engage the track, and it looks like it has slipped down. If you have other door hardware like this, inspect it to confirm that the bracket is supposed to engage the track as I've described.

This could have happened if the silver-headed bolt is at all loose. Get yourself a Phillips head screwdriver and adjust the bracket upwards. You should be able to get the bracket moved up, and then you can retighten the bolt. The problem I see is that the bolt head looks like it has quite a bit of wear on it, possibly as a result of this having happened many times before. If you can't get it tightened down, remove it and take it to a hardware store to get a replacement that you can tighten down.

Let me know if this suggestion has solved your problem, or if you need further help.

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 1:58AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
homebound

Sometimes you have to temporarily remove the floor guide so you can swing the door outward to reengauge the top track. Adjust the height accordingly with a screwdriver.

Bookmark   February 9, 2014 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
Roof leaking due to antique bricks? (X-post with Bldg a Home)
Good morning! We are having a problem with our new...
cvazqu
foul intermittent smell somewhere?????
So here's our problem. We have lived in our house for...
curtzilla
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
deandiamond
Water Drip Stain on Roof Fascia?
My roof edge on the corners of the front porch is leaving...
pbx2
Would patio foundation cracks affect the house foundation?
Hi i have a question and i hope that you can answer...
john2525
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™