Does Anyone have Health Spring Insurance?

JudithJune 2, 2004

I am in the process of getting a Medicare Supplement insurance as I hope to be retiring at the end of June. I have good insurance where I work so have not needed a supplemental policy or part B on Medicare until July. I spoke with some friends last night and they recently signed up for Health Spring and they seem very happy with it. It sounds too good to be true but they assure me that it is. I have received little notices from Health Spring for the past couple of years but never took much interest in it. Does anybody have this insurance and if so, are you satisfied with it? I understand that it is an HMO and sometimes HMOs can leave one stranded without insurance and I don't want that to happen. Any comments will be appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mariend

Check with you state insuranse commisioner. The should (must) be registered in your state.

Bookmark   August 24, 2004 at 1:07PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
watkins238_aol_com

I carried Healthspring about 5 years ago. It was great with 0 premiums until I was admitted to the hospital for an endoscopy of my throat and was surprised with a charge of $225 called a "facility fee". It was a charge I had to pay for the "use" of the room for the procedure. Healthspring is loaded with little surprizes like that. You will have a hard time finding those in your policy! I dropped them and went to BCBS.

Bookmark   February 8, 2011 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
Retirement Property in PA
looking for retirement property in Pennsylvania, preferably...
Karen10125
Should my husband retire at age 55?
My husband will be 55 next Febuary and can retire with...
Happyladi
Life in the Villages
Betty, My hubby and I are thinking about moving to...
PattyDee600
anyone have two homes in retirement
dh and i have been having trouble deciding where to...
zippity1
Downside of over 55 communities
I know the good things about an over 55 community but...
mergie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™