V-Shaped Tension-Seal Weatherstripping - Where to buy

beatlefanJanuary 31, 2011

I need to replace the V-Shaped Tension-Seal Weatherstripping on a door and can not find it anywhere. It uses self-adhesive and is usually made of vinyl. I'm just outside of Boston but internet and retail sources will me appreciated.

Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can buy the "spring bronze weatherstripping" variety at kilianhardware.com. Those are the search words.

I also get spring bronze at my local, old-fashioned hardware store.

It's v-shaped, and is applied with little nails. It's not self-adhesive or vinyl, but it lasts a long time. We prefer it to the vinyl type.

    Bookmark   February 4, 2011 at 10:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Check TrueValue. They may have it. I'm in Boston too.

    Bookmark   February 4, 2011 at 2:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for responding. I found it on True value and Amazon.

    Bookmark   February 6, 2011 at 2:11PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
concrete over concrete?
I have filled the space under my front door threshold...
damp/ruined dry wall in window corners
I need help with a plan or how to for fixing and repairing...
Crawlspace floods with water, but it doesnt touch the wood, ok?
I have a crawlspace that is about 2 ft from the ground....
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
Drywall issues?
I have noticed a spot above a window that has been...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™