Oak or Birch Cabinet Selection HELP!!

stargirl_2008October 23, 2008

I am remodeling my kitchen due to a kitchen fire. I am a young homeonwer and need opinions. I have gotten on my husbands nerves, so I'm turning to you:)

I have black appliances. I have chosen the wilsonart countertop in Milano blaze and flooring made by Earthscapes IVC in pattern Granada Olive. I have narrowed the cabinets down to Oak in color Wheat and Birch in color Fawn, Which one would look better? My kitchen wall color is a called viva gold by sherwin williams (goldish/creamy color)

I would like to post pics, but it doesn't work.

please help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
live_wire_oak

Birch is pretty soft and doesn't take stain all that well in the hands of the less skilled. Oak is harder, but it's also not very much in style right now. For those choosing oak, it's usually a more modern darker stain, like espresso, or a craftsman look with quartersawn and red/brown dark color. If you are considering your choices in the light of resale, this may help you. If your choices are for your own aesthetic only, then what a stranger on the internet says will be of no interest to you anyway.

Bookmark   October 23, 2008 at 10:36AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jstell2008

Do you like your Earthscapes tile? I am thinking of putting it in my kitchen and can't find any reviews on it. A search pulled up your post. Would love to hear from you and see pics if possible.

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 5:47PM
More Discussions
extending roof with a patio cover and it's tight
I have a fifty year old Santa Fe style house (old style,...
JPT
Cutting a notch into rafters to push LVLs into the ceiling?
We have a load-bearing wall we'd like to remove. We...
progressnerd
Shaker style question
What are y'all's opinions on Shaker style cabinetry....should...
janelor
Ideas on changing floorplan / budget remodel for family home.
Hello; We are a family of five. Currently our oldest...
newdawn2001
Design and Planning a Remodel/Addition on a Budget
I bought my first home three years ago and had grand...
gzehnder
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™