any info on Lake Greenwood or Savannah Lakes?

mar_ciaMay 6, 2006

These are places in South Carolina we are looking at for retirement. We have looked at them and they have big pros and cons...like everything. Just wanted to hear from anyone who knows anything at all about these areas. Any information at all might help us with our decision. Thanks Marcia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crystal153

Are you from the South? I can't imagine a Northerner moving to the deep South and being accepted. Politically correct or not....it's reality.

Bookmark   May 28, 2006 at 12:04PM
sportsmom12

We just bought a place in aiken, SC which we love. People are wonderful. However we just visited Savanahh Lakes and fell in love with it. The lake and central location are a big win - but growth is still going on there if you crave some of the urban life. I haven't been to Lake Greewood.
I think it depends on what you are looking for and can afford.

Bookmark   May 29, 2006 at 7:14AM
mar_cia

Thanks Crystal for your concern. We lived in Florida for 23 years before I came back north to care for elderly parents. I love the south. I have no concerns such as you speak of. And, Sportsmom, I really appreciate your thoughts about Aiken. We might consider that area. Yes, we have decided to look again more seriously at Savannah Lakes.....it is really nice. It is interesting to hear your reaction to it. All thoughts are helpful. Marcia

Bookmark   June 4, 2006 at 11:13PM
nannyp

Crystal153, sorry but I dare say Northerners are as well accepted in the South as we are in the north. It depends on the people, not from where they come.

Bookmark   May 18, 2007 at 3:47PM
More Discussions
Retirement Property in PA
looking for retirement property in Pennsylvania, preferably...
Karen10125
Already own or buying a condo in Florida?
Beware! http://america.aljazeera.com/watch/shows/america-tonight/articles/2015/2/6/florida-condo-law.html...
jewelisfabulous
Elderly mother cancelled her long-term care policy
Apparently, the premiums were increasing significantly...
jewelisfabulous
Anyone considering retiring to Panama or Ecuador?
Hi! My husband and I are middle income and with the...
glenny56
Need your advice on our Plan
Thank you for your advice and suggestions. We do not...
wonderinginnh
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™