It's FREE!!!!!!

PeaBee4May 8, 2003

Believe it or not, the Pharmaceutical companies are actually doing something for Medicare enrollees. I know it is to head off the chance of the government insisting on reduction of prices, but shoot, it's going to help,

They have gotten together and formed a plan that greatly reduces the cost of a lot of drugs usually used by the Medicare Crowd. My pharmacist told me about it this morning. She is allerting all her Medicare customers.

When I say "reduces" I mean I will get on Rx that is costing me 118.00 for only 15.00. There are about 150 drugs covered. And your doctor may be willing to change you to one of them.

You have to meet certain requirments.

1. be on Medicare

2. have no other drug insurance, private or public

3. earn no more that 38,000 for a couple or 28,000 for a single. ( it's more if you live in Alaska or Hawaii)

Go to www.Together-Rx.com to enroll or get more information. Look at the complete list of drugs covered.

Or dial 1-800-865-7211 and ask for information on the Patient Assistance Program.

PB

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PeaBee4

Just posting to move this on down.
PB

Bookmark   May 14, 2003 at 10:13PM
joyfulguy

Hi PeaBee4,

Did you say that drug cos. have hearts, after all?

"Wonders will never cease", as Dad used to say when something quite unexpected turned up.

Good wishes to all,

joyful guy

Bookmark   May 31, 2003 at 7:15AM
CindyBelleZ6NJ

Bumping this up, important for everyone, thanks for the info!

Bookmark   November 4, 2003 at 5:49PM
joyfulguy

All of this recent fuss about quite a few U.S. people getting their prescription drugs at much lower cost in Canada, including having them shipped from Canadian suppliers or coming by the carload, even busload from nearby U.S. states ...

... is going to mean that soon Canadians are going to be paying more for their drugs, you can bet.

The drug companies, of whom there are not a large number, are not going to allow this situation to continue untended.

There's a major move afoot in Canada to place really heavy restrictions on homeopathic materials, as well.

Can't have others horning in on turf that we've staked out for ourselves, now, can we?

Good wishes to all for not needing much of the pharmaceutical manufacturers' stuff.

Good wishes to you and yours,

joyful guy

Bookmark   November 4, 2003 at 11:19PM
kayjones

I work in an elderly highrise as a social worker and have many of my residents signed up for FREE meds thru NeedyMeds.com. It is well worth checking out and applying.

Here is a link that might be useful: No-cost prescription drugs.

Bookmark   November 8, 2003 at 8:29AM
lulie___wayne

Thanks for letting us know, PeaBee. I'll certainly tell my parents. They may be interested in checking into it.
Lu

Bookmark   November 17, 2003 at 6:25PM
More Discussions
Elderly mother cancelled her long-term care policy
Apparently, the premiums were increasing significantly...
jewelisfabulous
Independent senior living in Indiana/Kentucky
I don't know where to start a search. The internet...
ryseryse_2004
Retirement Property in PA
looking for retirement property in Pennsylvania, preferably...
Karen10125
What's Pretirement mean?
Hi guys. I want to hear your thoughts about this. I...
artparcell
Looking forward to retirement in a few years
Hi, I am new here and joined this forum as I am looking...
mummy1234
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™