Garage Door Opener

craiglandmanJanuary 1, 2009

Hi Guys,

I am hoping that someone may have a suggestion to my problem. I have a Craftsman GDO Model 139.18803. The problem is that when the door closes it reopens, since the GDO believes it has 2-3 more inches to go and is being stopped. In the manual (p.28) it shows that there should be Limit Adjustment Screws on the left side of the Panel. The Left side of my panel has not adjustment screws, however the right side has "holes" for adjustment screws but no adjustment screws. I opened the housing and on the inside, it does not appear that there is anything that a screw driver could adjust.

The metal bracket on the chain the grabs the garage door clamp, wants to travel 2-3 inches further than it has in the past 8 yrs since I have owned the house. How can I adjust the GDO so that it understands the door is closed and is not being blocked and does not need to go back up?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
don_1_2006

Those two holes you refer to on the side of your opener are to adjust the 'down limit' and the 'up limit'. Inside these holes are nylon shafts with screwdriver slots in the end. Use a small screwdriver and turn the 'down limit' a couple complete turns in the opposite direction of the arrow printed on the cover. You will probably have to tweak this adjustment some.

Bookmark   January 2, 2009 at 4:11PM
More Discussions
Siding advice for chimney
Hello and thanks in advance for any advice. Yesterday...
andreadeg
Hubby and I disagree on who to call for cracks
So we keep arguing for like 5 years now (husband and...
dahoov2
Settling crack been repaired by 6 people - any advice?
Our house is 25 years old. The foundation was put in...
BelfastBound
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: http://ths.gardenweb.com/discussions/2604905/big-shelving-project This...
springcorn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™