Medicare costs...

IveyRoseMarch 20, 2006

I hope someone who is already on Medicare can tell me a little about it, as I will be on it in two years. How expensive is it? Do you get all the coverage needed if you have a supplement? What kind of a supplement do I need? Where can I get this info? Right now I'm paying $375 per month for regular health insurance.

Iveyrose

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leel

Cost of Medicare is fixed by the govt; everyone pays the same. There are about 5 different types of supplements; you can get a good look at them at AARP. All in all, you'll p=likely end up paying less than you are now. As for type of supplement, read them and see what fits you best.

Bookmark   March 22, 2006 at 2:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sharlee

iveyrose,
Just went on Medicare once turning 65yrs & truly there are advantages. The premium is deducted from Soc Sec check and is under $90.00mo. So many supplements to choose from, depending on where you live. My Father had one, my Mother a different plan, & myself on a Kaiser plan I prefer here in the NW. Just joined a healthclub thru the ins which pays for all classes & use of the club at various locations. It's a win-win for ins & myself. This ins plan is $76 mo. I still need to pick up a dental plan & it looks like they are pretty reasonable.

Since you have time you can prepare accordingly. Good luck!
Sharlee

Bookmark   April 18, 2006 at 12:39AM
More Discussions
Looking forward to retirement in a few years
Hi, I am new here and joined this forum as I am looking...
mummy1234
Retiring Abroad: Costs of 12 cities
Does not cover healthcare, which can be complex enough...
jkom51
anyone have two homes in retirement
dh and i have been having trouble deciding where to...
zippity1
Independent senior living in Indiana/Kentucky
I don't know where to start a search. The internet...
ryseryse_2004
Four wks to retirement - mixed feelings
My job totally changed a few months ago and it is no...
colorcrazy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™