Weatherstripping French doors

newbiegardener_2010January 22, 2010

I posted before, but it looks like the forum ate my post! We have French doors that lead out to the patio. There is a 1/4" gap under the doors, so air, bugs, and even worms come through. We also discovered water in the metal track of the threshold, almost up to the level of the hardwood floor during the recent rain.

I checked a set French doors in another room and discovered they have a rubber base that runs the length and width of each door, however, that rubber piece is attached via two 1/2" grooves the underside of each door. The patio doors have apparently been shaved down, because the grooves are only 1/8", if that. What can I use to seal these doors?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

They sell a ,"U" channeled weatherstripping that will slip over the bottom of the door. There are rubber "fingers" that will touch the threshold to seal out weather and bugs.

    Bookmark   January 22, 2010 at 4:37PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Big shelving project part 2
This is a follow up to this thread: This...
Need advice for gap under door frame
Hi, We had a contractor install pre-hung interior doors,...
what type of contractor needed for this?
What type of contractor is needed to replace a rotting...
How to safely pull down attic stairs in 12' ceiling
Hello all, I am buying a house with 12' ceilings and...
Door knob
My front door knob screws won't stay tight so if I...
Sponsored Products
Palram Snap & Grow 6 x 8 ft. Greenhouse - HG6008
$849.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™