Social Security question

glenda_alFebruary 8, 2002

Have just started receiving SS check this past October. And received my SSA benefit statement.

I know I can ask my accountant, but just thought I'd ask here.

Is that amt received, taxable? I'm not working, only receiving teachers retirement benefits.

I hope not.


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Glenda, Social security is only taxable if your income is over $25000 ( that's for single filer). If your income is over, part of the S S would be taxable.

    Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 4:48PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

This post, made just under 12 years ago, is the most ancient on this forum.

ole joyful

    Bookmark   January 24, 2014 at 6:57PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Four wks to retirement - mixed feelings
My job totally changed a few months ago and it is no...
Social Security at 62 - where to deposit funds?
Gonna be 62 in 2013 and I've decided to begin my Social...
"forced" early retirement
Hi, all, new here & glad to see this forum! My...
neighbors dumpster
This is not an appropriate topic for this forum but...
Retiring to vs. Retiring from
My DH and I are struggling with upcoming retirement....
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™