My 2012 Christmas quilts

lindaoh_gwDecember 31, 2012

I have been quilting like a mad women this month. I decided at the end of October to make a quilt for everyone (kids) in my family. I was inspired by a couple patterns I found that were perfect for my kids. My DD convinced me to make a Zelda quilt for her DH but there was no pattern available. She said she would design the blocks for me but she is so busy with her job. She didn't get the block patterns to me until Dec. 1. I then had to order fabric and wait for it to arrive.
After all the wrapped gifts were opened I brought out the finished quilts. Their reactions were worth every minute of work. I even made a quilted wall hanging for the grand dog.
My New Year's resolution for 2013 is NOT TO MAKE CHRISTMAS QUILTS IN DECEMBER 2013!!!
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas quilts

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltnhen

While they're all beautiful....and look like a mountain of work! My favorites are the bernstein bears and the dog's quilt! What a lucky family you have. Since you covered pretty much everyone I think you're off the hook for 2013. Which means you can make any quilt you want aaannnd KEEP it ;-)

LindaB/CA

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 7:51PM
nanajayne

Fantastic!!!You did a great job on all of them and made them very personal. I am proud of you. I thought I was doing good by making 5 but nothing compared to your accomplishment and in DECEMBER as well.....Congratulations and TFS]

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 11:13PM
tuppermom

I am sure you had some very happy family members on Christmas morning! Love the dog wallhanging the most but all are great!
Happy New Year!

Maryv

Bookmark   December 31, 2012 at 11:20PM
calliope

I went and poured myself a cuppa coffee before I sat down to this thread, because I knew I was going to take awhile admiring them. They are all wonderful and unique and it makes my head spin to think of the amount of work involved and how you accomplished it in that timeframe. It would take me longer than that to do one of them. LOL

Work like that is such an inspiration to quilters with even very modest skill levels........we can dream. LOL Thanks for the pictures, Linda they were really fun to see!

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 4:41AM
bev2009

I can't believe you got all of those beautiful quilts made in one month. I love the Zelda and Mario quilts. You are so creative and talented. It must have been so much fun to have everyone open those on Christmas. Now have a good rest!

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 11:08AM
rosajoe_gw

Linda I can't believe you can create a masterpiece as fast as you can!

I love them all, but I saw the peek-a-boo monkey and I have to make that one!!

Like I really need another pattern lol!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 3:59PM
polardreams

Did you sleep at all? Oh my gosh, they are great. I can't even imagine trying to make all of those in a month.
Lucky recipients!
Sue

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 6:12PM
lindaoh_gw

Thank you for all the kind comments. To clarify, I didn't make all of them in December. I started on the quilts the end of October except for Christina's quilt. I had the top made but had to add the borders. The rest of them were made in November with the Zelda quilt in December.
Sue, I did get some sleep but some days I worked on Zelda until 11:00 PM. lol We didn't have our Christmas until last Friday, the 28th, but the quilts were all finished by the 24th.
My DS (Jeff) and DSIL (Tristan) put pictures of their quilts on facebook. The next day, Jeff's best friend from high school came out to the house. He told Jeff, I didn't come to see you, I came to see the quilt. lol

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 8:08PM
bloomorelse

Wow, those look very time consuming. Can't believe you got them done so quickly. Great job.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 10:50AM
quiltingfox

The quilts you made look really great and I especially like the dog quilt. You got so much done in just a few months, you should have a great sense of accomplishment from these quilts you completed. Thank you for sharing, it's inspiring how much you got done in such a short period of time.

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 1:43PM
littlehelen_gw

Wow is all I know to say...all of those in just weeks, incredible!!! They are all very special, but I have a special place for the dog quilt (being a dog lover myself).
Congratulations...and take a short break!
V.

Bookmark   January 7, 2013 at 2:13PM
fran1523

Very impressive. I love that City Girl quilt.

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 8:29AM
lindaoh_gw

Fran, that is my favorite too. I named it City Girl because that was the name of the line of fabric used.
Linda OH

Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 9:38AM
alonelymom

Where did you get the pattern or how did you make/create the pattern for the zelda quilt? My son turns 18 next month and he's a huge huge huge zelda fan and I want to make him a zelda/link quilt but I can't find any patterns and don't know how to make a pattern. Any help from anyone?
Thanks!

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 2:20PM
lindaoh_gw

My daughter designed the blocks in the Zelda quilt. The process for making the blocks was done with fusible interfacing over a grid of 1 1/2 inch squares the same way some watercolors quilts are made. The blocks were not all the same size and the larger blocks were made in sections and joined together. Email me if you want more info.
Linda OH

Bookmark   April 7, 2013 at 6:33PM
More Discussions
10th Annual Quilt Retreat 2015
Hi Folks! We are beginning the process of planning...
jennifer_in_va
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
Need advice on batting and a little help with Houzz
I have only made two quilts, both small ones, and have...
donna_loomis
2015 April Block Lotto
Welcome to the April Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
polardreams
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
Sponsored Products
Home Decorators Collection Pendant Lights Moravian 1-Light Large Bronze
Home Depot
Full/Queen Catalina Quilt 90" x 95" - WHITE
$545.00 | Horchow
Rizzy Home Sweater Fabric with Wooden Button Closure Decorative Throw Pillow - T
$32.00 | Hayneedle
Green Log Cabin Twin Quilt
$169.95 | Bellacor
Cattelan Italia | Kate Chair
YLiving.com
Let It White Pre-decorated Christmas Garland Christmas Decor
$399.00 | FRONTGATE
Lucia Minelli Luxury Embroidered Holiday Hand Towel (set of 4)
Overstock.com
Star on High Nativity Figure
Grandin Road
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™