CertainTeed Class Action Case

DrazDJanuary 19, 2012

Just got my final letter denying my claim. Did I expect anything else? Considering the number of posts on this board and Internet search results The World knows that CertainTeed made some bad shingles. I complied with all the original requirements to file a claim but still my claim is denied. Continued arguing with "them" is obviously hopeless so this post is just to get rid of some frustration. You can be sure I won't buy anything made by CertainTeed again.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hilltop_gw

Sorry to hear that DrazD. We too filed a claim and after 6 months had not heard from them. We didn't even get our usps return receipt back indicating they got our materials. But then one day a check arrived for around $1200 (can't remember exactly). We were shocked. It was a small fraction of the cost of the new steel shingles. I wonder what their deciding factor was on whom to pay or not?

Bookmark   January 19, 2012 at 7:31PM
brickeyee

You can be assured the attorneys that brought the class action have been paid well.

Bookmark   January 20, 2012 at 9:18AM
morningstarlet

I had a new roof installed a year ago with CertainTeed Asphalt Shingles. When was the timeframe for the lawsuit?

Bookmark   January 23, 2012 at 7:10PM
morningstarlet

The shingles that are the subject of this lawsuit are organic asphalt shingles manufactured from July 1, 1987 through 2005 under the brand names Hallmark Shangle, Independence Shangle, Horizon Shangle, Custom Sealdon, Custom Sealdon 30, Sealdon 20, Sealdon 25, Hearthstead, Solid Slab, Master Slab, Custom Saf-T-Lok, Saf-T-Lok, and Custom Lok 25.

However, not all shingles marketed with these brand names were CertainTeed Organic Shingles. The Horizon, Independence, Hallmark, and Hearthstead brands were marketed in both organic and fiberglass formulations. Also, all shingles CertainTeed sold after 2005 are fiberglass shingles. If your shingles are fiberglass, they are not part of this lawsuit.

Bookmark   January 23, 2012 at 7:15PM
More Discussions
Ice damming !! Desperate for advice 911!!!
WE have severe ice damming on the roof of our home...
coffeemama1
foul intermittent smell somewhere?????
So here's our problem. We have lived in our house for...
curtzilla
Stranges lines in frost pattern on roof
I have these lines on the roof when there is a frost....
cswartzwelder
Garage door wont open, no other way into garage
Hi all, I've a unique problem here. I had a problem...
wheelie
Metal fence panels - steel or aluminum? Best brands?
I want to put up a fence to divide my side yard from...
ktmast
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™