Here we go! LOTTO January 2013
I'm posting this early in case people want to get started. I can't imagine anyone having nothing to do but I might forget if I don't.
Lotto January 2013
We'll start our new year with a simple block, but one that will have some impact in a quilt. It's a simple Ohio Star but made with a dark black and white print in the star on a white background (not ivory, please). In the center we use a very bright square. In the samples I used a batik but you could use any bright calico as well. The B&W should be on the dark side for a good value difference.
This lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. The winner will appreciate your efforts!
Here's the drill:
- each month there will be a designated block or theme, you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks
- all blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation, please with your blocks include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
- if possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block (this is not a requirement, just a request)
- all blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing
- you will have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.
Blocks are to be mailed to Valerie. She will arrange the collection and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at littlehelen at comcast dot net.
Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
Here is a link that might be useful: Ohio Star Block