Quilted Cosmetic Bag

rosajoe_gwDecember 9, 2012

I really like this one, I am next on my list lol! I know from experience that it should be lined - wish I had thought of that before! The zipper was sewn in by the embroidery machine - I was so scared I sat in front of the machine with my finger on the stop button, as soon as it was basted down I cut off the metal stop at the bottom just to be on the safe side.
My last Christmas gift - I finished in time for the party!!!
Rosa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Beautiful, Rosa! I don't blame you for watching that zipper installation...I broke 2 needles putting a zipper in a dress I sewed recently!

Donna

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 2:37PM
toolgranny

That's so pretty, Rosa. I'm sure she'll love it and show it to everyone. You'll be taking orders soon.

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 3:48PM
magothyrivergirl

Very pretty! You must buy sooooooo much thread~LOL. As always, your embroidery makes the gift special!

Great idea on the zipper installation! Those of us without embroidery machines, could use any appropriate decorative stitch.

This is an excellent example why we all need to keep posting pictures and sharing!

Thanks Rosa!

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 4:51PM
quiltnhen

Really cool! Never saw a zipper look so good, so I guess it was worth the tension ;-)

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 6:45PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Beautiful work, Rosa......as always. :-)

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 7:51PM
lafonda_ranch

I made one just like this recently at my Silhouette cutter class. The teacher provided us with pre-quilted fabric (I felt like I was cheating!!), but it was so easy! Love yours, too :-) I'm trying to get some of the tape measure bags made up for the ladies my husband works with. I've put him in charge of cutting up the tape measure so he can say he helped, LOL!!

Robbi

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 8:58AM
rosajoe_gw

Thanks Ladies! Zippers were never my strong point and last week I had two, but the bag was the easiest. Donna I was afraid it would break more than a needle if I tried to embroider over the metal stop!

I agree Marsha, I love to see pics of what everyone is working on. I buy thread by the cones, especially the cotton candy color pink. Lots of little girls in my family lol!!!

Robbi I love the bags we were given at the retreat and I forget to buy the tape! Several of my family wanted mine when I showed them and I said NO, so now they want me to make them one. Maybe after Christmas. The ladies will love them too.

Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 3:37PM
More Discussions
Wahoo and Thank You
Thank you so much to all that submitted blocks from...
ibquiltn4fun
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
Harvest Moon Quilt
This is my first attempt at adding a photo. I just...
Nancy Morris
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™