Range hoods

dee42April 21, 2013

What brand(s) of range hoods most of the kitchen remodelers are using??

I currently have a Broan that the control panel keeps going out on -- have had 3 control boards in the last 6 months -- Broan brand is supposed to be one of the better hoods -- -- and the reviews on the Broan web site admit it does have issues -- so am wondering what brand(s) are being used.

Thank you for your information. Dee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
trailrunnerbiker

Sjerin just posted her kitchen and thanked me for my suggestion of a Tradewind hood liner. It is an awesome efficient and very affordable liner . They have regular hoods also. I will link below. There are many very expensive hoods being used on this forum , I will say that I have used my Tradewind 1400 cfm /54" hood very very hard for 7 yrs and it is still perfect. c

Here is a link that might be useful: tradewind hood

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 10:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
williamsem

I can't speak from experience for another 3 weeks, but Kobe is supposed to be a good hood and quiet. I checked them out after reading on Appliances and ended up with a 30 inch Chx 191 series, currently sitting in a box waiting for install.

I spent hours comparing specs, and decided I wanted a slightly more powerful hood that I could run on low with a low sone rating on the low setting. Also has baffles, LED lights, and 22 inches deep.

I would steer away from the ones with the heat sensors. I read an article about how they are great in OTR MWs since they are lower and can be more easily damaged, but regular hoods don't need that protection and can end up feeding a grease fire by drawing more oxygen to the fire. Makes sense to me!

Bookmark   April 21, 2013 at 11:22PM
More Discussions
Color difference Benjamin Moore Regal Select versus Regal Classic
We've been using Benjamin Moore Regal Classic semi...
donaleen
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
Can we still email.....
like you could on the old GW, if you were set up to...
bicyclegirl1
Where to keep my oil near cooktop
So I am in the layout phase and trying to figure out...
Dietitian
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™