Wickedly Easy Variation

geezerfolks_SharonG_FLDecember 28, 2013

This is my take on this pattern using novelty fabric. When it's finished, will probably go to Isaiah, the new great-grandson due in Feb.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Wickedly Easy Quilt pics and pattern

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nannykins

Good job!
I did this pattern once and wasn't too thrilled with it.I thought afterwards that I should have made all the long strips the same colour, as you did. Makes it less "muddy"
Theresa

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 1:37PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I understand what you mean about the muddy look. That's one reason I went with the plain long strip. Another thing I did was use tot or plains for the short strips. Of course, I didn't use FQ which was to make it so easy, but used up some pieces I had. I'd like to try another one just using tot's and maybe one print and see how it turns out. :-)

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 3:30PM
nannykins

And after cutting the pieces for the Mystery quilt, i still have what seems like tons of leftovers. This might be a good place to "lose" some of them.
Theresa

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 3:57PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Theresa, 2 1/2 inch strips and 4 1/2 X 7 1/2 chunks is all it is. One block comes out to be 16 1/2 inches.

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   December 28, 2013 at 4:42PM
jennifer_in_va

Oh, think how quickly that would go together if you made strip sets and only used a few fabrics! I'd think it'd use very little yardage to complete something of this size.

Yours looks great, Sharon...of course!

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 8:52AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

There ya go, Jennifer! Put it on your list and show us what you come up with!!! :-)

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   December 29, 2013 at 11:40AM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Here's another one.......finished the top today and I have backings pieced for 4 quilts. Now to get some batting and tape to piece what I have. I'm on a roll!

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 5:23PM
jennifer_in_va

I like this one even better. I like how the pink all around tends to tie it all together! Nice!

You've been busy! I've gotten the backing & borders ready for the bargello, and the last of my batting is the perfect size (go figure). Now to find a spot large enough to lay it out to get it put together....

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 5:34PM
nannykins

This one is very nice. Is it because you used fewer fabrics so it is not so scrappy? The pink and turquoise work well together.
Theresa

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 5:59PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

I like this one, too, and used mostly floral fabric, all greens for the short strips with pink for the long ones. I hesitated using the same green for the short strips....didn't think I'd like the same green across from each other in all the blocks......not sure though. And, I really don't care for the quilt ending up so narrow, but with the border and extra squares, it's at 40 inches wide, so that's ok. I could make more blocks, but don't want it square, either. Don't plan to make another one anytime soon, but I need another quilt for a boy so will have to think of something.

Bookmark   January 5, 2014 at 7:23PM
More Discussions
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
Spider Web
And I still have lots of scraps!!! The first border...
nannykins
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
Selecting fabric - need opinions
Hi! I'm working on a black and white quilt. Each...
jlt37869
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™