Will Dune color sink blend in with Quartz Cambria?

Gal808September 9, 2013

Hi:

We are installing a Cambria Winderemere countertop on white cabinets. We are using white beveled subway tile for the backsplash. Since all is white, I am looking at Kohler Farmhouse apron sink dune color sink since everything seems to be white already. The gal I am getting the sink from insist that I get white sink since the backsplash and cabinets are white. The Windermere has speckles of silverish, grayish, greenish hint which makes me think it will tie in. Can you please provide feedback so I can cancel my sink order since now, I am having doubts with my thoughts as well?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annzgw

I think you could go either way since the dune probably goes well with the Winderemere, but I'm leaning toward the salesperson's recommendation, especially if your cabinets are more white than off-white. Plus, since it's a farm sink you're going to see a contrast more between cabinet and sink than countertop & sink.
Check the link below for more visuals.

Here is a link that might be useful: cambris & sinks

Bookmark   September 9, 2013 at 6:31PM
Gal808

Hi Annz:

Cool, I will then cancel my dune apron sink and change to white. My kitchen is getting into shape now. I will definitely post photos!

Thanks!

Bookmark   September 10, 2013 at 3:52PM
Gal808

Hi Annz:

An update: Ferguson did not allow me to change my order from a dune to white apron sink, even though it was just a day. Abyways, I am still happy with how it turned out and waiting on the countertops to be installed. I will post pics once the kitchen is done.

Thanks for your help!

Bookmark   November 14, 2013 at 7:21PM
More Discussions
Getting ready to remodel the second floor, where to start?
We are beginning to interview contractors. Would like...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
when and how to cut contractor loose?
We have been living a bathroom nightmare! All started...
BathroomBlues
Remodel for your taste vs possible sale
We plan to be in our house for 4-5 more years. It's...
thbennet
extending roof with a patio cover and it's tight
I have a fifty year old Santa Fe style house (old style,...
JPT
Build an Addition, Move, or Stick it out?
We live in a land-locked area with high real estate prices....
neverlandpirate
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™