Bummer, trying to Organize

ritaweedaDecember 28, 2012

So I got some cash for Christmas and have been meaning to go get some shelves to fit inside the closet for fabric storage. I just bought the cheapie plastic 4-teir snap-together kind. I fit one on each side of the closet leaving just enough space in between to stack some plastic storage bins full of fabric and batting scraps. I'm still going to have to slide those out to access the fabric shelves. But I guess it's better to do that than to heave out all those heavy bins stacked one on top of another. I've been at this for 2 days now. I can't believe how many bins and bags I have of scraps. I really thought I had more fabric than that, though, when it was in all those bins it looked like I had plenty, now I'm disappointed. Is this an ominous sign that I have a fabric-hoarding problem??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
msmeow

Well, Rita, I guess it depends on how big your closet is! LOL I've been doing a bit of weeding out, too. A lady in my guild takes all kinds of fabric scraps to use for stuffing in dog beds, so as I've been cutting pieces for swap blocks and a new quilt I've started, I've also been cutting 1-1/2" squares for a postage stamp quilt. Anything too small or odd-shaped to cut a 1-1/2" square has been going into a bag for dog bed stuffing.

Of course, that gets boring in a big hurry! I finally cut enough pieces to start the new quilt so I've been sewing instead.

Donna

Bookmark   December 28, 2012 at 12:26PM
More Discussions
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
MARCH 2015 Lotto Block
MARCH Friendship Star 12-1/2" - Black and white...
beth7happy
2015 Lotto Blocks
Finished Feb. Lotto block and want to get started on...
ibquiltn4fun
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™