Please describe the profiles of this door, X-post

canishelSeptember 4, 2011

Cross-posted in woodworking and remodeling forums.

I'm trying to find a door that matches the other interior doors in the house. This new door will be close to several other doors, so it needs to match. These other doors were common around here (East Tennessee), but the lumber yard went out of business, so I can't call them. I've searched the web and asked the lumberyards/hardware stores/distributors (with photos), so far to no avail.

So now I want to search again using the appropriate terminology.

Alternatively, does anyone know who made or still makes these doors?

Thank you for any help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I'm sure that you can find fir stain grade raised panel six panel doors in a lot of places. They may be special order nowadays though, and they may not match your existing doors exactly. If this is an older home, a salvage yard might be a place to start. Or you could remove one of the doors from a less visible portion of the home and place it where you need it and then replace the removed door.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 11:53AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you for answering. The main problem is with the raised panel. I don't know what to call and to describe the section between the flat raised part and the sticking.
There are two angles, without a step and without curves.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 12:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

the parts of the door that go left to right are called rails. the parts that go up and down are called styles. the one going left to right where the door knob is called center lock rail. the top and bottom are called upper and lower lock rails.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 4:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Is this your door - Interior 66?

Here is a link that might be useful: Simpson 6 panel door

    Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 5:02PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

jmc01, no, that's not my door. The panel has a double hip. One response from the woodworking forum says the panel is chamfer raised panel.

FYI, I'm awaiting Tuesday, when everyone should be back at work, to see if TruStile doors are really available in this area. The TruStile website says it is. The diagrams are closest to my doors.

    Bookmark   September 4, 2011 at 6:36PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

this is the profile of the panel, but every door maker has its slight differences.

    Bookmark   September 5, 2011 at 11:51AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89 x-post
x-posted in Windows forum We're getting ready to remodel...
Help! Ceilings are dipping!
I don't know if this is just an unusual series of events...
What kind of awning can I add with this roof line?
Hi All, We want to add an awning outside of our front...
How does a General Contractor I need one ?
I am new to remodeling anything in my house. I have...
House remodel
Well I got the numbers for the remodel of my 1950s...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™