Need help kitchen layout

khouriya75August 20, 2014

Hello I need help choosing the right layout for my kitchen I really need help and will appreciate anyone who would help.I like to have an island couples people told me my kitchen is not big enough but I insisted and one person gave me one on the layout,there is also one layout for a peninsula so take a look and tell me what you think is better I am very much open to suggestion for a different layout thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

Have a look and do some research on the kitchens forum. Then, post up your space, the relationships it has with the nearby rooms, your family makeup and who uses the kitchen, and exact dimensions, and get their help.

Bookmark   August 20, 2014 at 11:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lavender_lass

You normally need at least 3' (often 3 1/2') to pass on each side of the island. So, if you have 8' between fridge and range walls...you could have an island up to 2' across.

Many people decide to use a movable work table instead, since it often gets too cramped during parties and you can move the table, when necessary.

It's also nice if the table/island has a different surface, such as butcher block, granite or marble...depending on how you plan to use the space. Is it for cutting veggies, rolling out pastries, setting hot pans?

All this should be considered, as well as how you will use the space by the window. If you used an island (rather than peninsula) would there be room for a small table and/or banquette/window seat, under the window? Or would the peninsula seating work better?

Hope this helps. Best of luck with the project! :)

Bookmark   August 27, 2014 at 4:34PM
More Discussions
Replacing shower recessed light with vent/light
Our house has a 6" can light over the bath/shower....
postalgbv
Getting ready to remodel the second floor, where to start?
We are beginning to interview contractors. Would like...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Laying tile without cement board?
We pulled some tile up in several spaces. The tile...
nostalgicfarm
Shaker style question
What are y'all's opinions on Shaker style cabinetry....should...
janelor
Bad Countertop Fabrication
Hello, Hoping to get some advice/opinions! We just...
diynola
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™