Honey Oak and FX180 Antique Mascarello

queenofmycastle0221April 22, 2013

If I choose FX180 Antique Mascarello for my counters what would my best backsplash tile be. Lowes is the only local tile supplier. I like subway tile but would like to do something special over sink. Plate rack is to be moved. Thanks so much! I am open to all suggestions! I keep putting off placing my countertop order because I want to be sure!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AlyB

No advice, but I am struck by how your cabinets look nearly identical to mine in my existing kitchen, down the hardware! (Mine were installed in fall 1989 -- no idea what brand)

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 9:06PM
queenofmycastle0221

Too funny! My house was built in 2000 by an older couple. I am replacing the hardware with the ones in the pic and shuffling the dishwasher and fridge along with some cabinets.

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 9:14PM
susanlynn2012

FX180 Antique Mascarello was my first choice when I was thinking of keeping my oak cabinets and changing the counters two years ago. My cabinets are laminate with wall paper sides and not nearly as nice as yours or I would keep my cabinets. I think the counters will look great with your cabinets and I wish I could help more but I will help in voting if anyone posts pictures of various backsplashes.

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 11:42PM
florantha

Still am not done with my kitchen, three years later, sigh. If you want to see a lighter oak and a lot of Antique Mascarello Formica try my Flickr. This photo is from it.

I was surprised that the countertop is darker than I had expected--at the time I bought this was the lightest of the 180fx products. It's not really dark but it's a lot darker than my old offwhite Formica. Your dark appliances will pick up the black tones in the pattern. Consider a paint for backsplash? Put an interesting light fixture over the sink? A piece of art?

Here is a link that might be useful: Florantha's unfinished kitchen

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 12:18AM
teachertile

http://www.lowes.com/pd_260587-93840-20-513_0__?productId=3498796&Ntt=stone+backsplash+tile&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dstone%2Bbacksplash%2Btile&facetInfo=

This is the backsplash we had picked out when we were going to go with Antique Mascarello. After getting the quote we decided to go with granite.

Bookmark   April 23, 2013 at 4:04PM
More Discussions
How old will I be?
How long did your kitchen remodel take, from the tearing...
ryseryse_2004
Kitchen Cabinet pricing - what would you do?
I had had a few quotes done for my kitchen cabinets:...
petralikesyoga
kitchen cabinets
I'm thinking about buying Mouser cabinets. Has anyone...
lmpotter
10 cm gap between cabinets and steel - help!
Hi all, Our kitchen designers have messed up their...
waytonc
Fell in love and threw away kitchen design
Gardenweb has been my savior as I struggle through...
beachem
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™