Finally, a show of things I got done at Retreat!
The picture loading & posting process is a slow one for me and I don't often get time to sit and get through it. But tonight's been a good night, so I'll show you the things I got done at retreat in October.
A few years ago our guild had an estate/yard sale. I purchased a bunch of partial/completed block sets. I've slowly been working on getting them together into tops. Most of them are heading to our charity program.
This first one was a completed top... It came with 2 extra blocks and more green strips ready for more log cabin blocks. I decided I wasn't going to make more blocks, so just added a border to this one and cut backing for the sandwich. Then turned it over to someone else to handle the rest.
Here are the two extra blocks sew together with the backing fabric. Figured it'd make a NICU quilt, or something for a small child. Also, provided backing for this one.
This one were blocks that I won from a BOM a few years back. I simply wanted it put together and out!! I had some extra 4-patches so threw them into the borders. Don't think I really like that 'out-of-the-box' idea, but it's done, and gone!!
Then there's this one. This one is interesting! The blocks I got were diagonal log cabin blocks with a white center. They were cool! Originally, I thought they'd go together and make a really cool layout, maybe a tree skirt. But once I started working with them, NONE of them had straight sides...the sides were more arcs than anything, and I couldn't cut them down evenly. So, Trish offered the idea to to cut them down... and I did. I cut them all into 6 1/2" squares, then sewing them together was easy as pie!
This created such a cool pattern that I've kept it. Added a border and voila! It's done. Not sure what I'll do with it, but it's here.
I think I still have a few sets of estate sale blocks, but I'm getting there. I hate to see them thrown away/wasted! (Extra ones maybe, but not all of them!)
When I got home from retreat, one day I needed a 'fix'. I had a bunch of leftover HSTs from my nephew's quilt so started laying them out. It turned into this small quilt. Turned this one in to the charity quilt program with backing & binding (which was leftover from another project) I think it ended up about 20" x 28", or something like that.