What order should remodeling tasks be done?
We are remodeling our den/kitchen/laundry room. I'm not sure what order the tasks should be done. How should it be done?
1. Scrape 'popcorn' texture off ceiling in den.
2. Install recessed lighting and new light fixtures in kitchen and den.
3. Paint ceiling in den.
4. Paint walls/trim in den/kitchen/laundry room.
5. Remove wallpaper in kitchen.
6. Remove old carpet.
7. Install new carpet.
8. Remove old light fixtures and possibly patch ceiling.
9. Remove vinyl flooring in kitchen and laundry room.
Install new flooring in kitchen and laundry room.
Remove and Install new countertops in kitchen and laundry room.
Install new appliances.
I know it's quite a list and I appreciate everyone's help. Also, please let me know which tasks you think a pair of DIYers could tackle? The rest of the tasks will be hired out.