Things I got done over Thanksgiving weekend

jennifer_in_vaNovember 27, 2011

Well, you know I work in spurts. These are the items I've been able to accomplish this weekend...

The big girls have new red dresses for the holidays, so I decided to make one for the baby...

My niece is almost a year old, so I made her this taggie quilt and some puzzle balls for Christmas. The puzzle balls are the Jinny Beyer patterns. I have the templates but not the book. (Some of the templates I can't figure out how they go together, but these work!)

And, in my guild we do charity quilts. The coordinators have decided to hand this teddy bear around to a 'winner' each month. Not sure what the criteria for getting it is, but I got is last meeting. (I turned in a bunch of the quilts from Retreat where I repurposed/put together recycled blocks.) When they gave him to me, they said I could add to his outfit... I added the mini-block pin. It's the same pattern as our guild name badges.

That's it for now...not sure what's next. Gotta stay on my roll, though

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magothyrivergirl

The Puzzle ball instructions I saw recently were completely different and probably not very (young) child safe.
Your puzzle balls look complicated to fit exactly.

The taggie quilts are very cute - look like a great drag around quilt.

I'm not sure if you were the winner or the loser of the bear - I'm guessing as the winner - you are like the Energizer Bunny- you just keep on making charity quilts, you keep going and going.......:)

Bookmark   November 27, 2011 at 8:34PM
grammyp

You have been very busy. Love the puzzle balls. I have the book if you would like to borrow it.

beverly

Bookmark   November 27, 2011 at 9:11PM
rosajoe_gw

Love the bear and dress!!! The puzzle balls look perfect. Normally J. Beyer patterns are not very easy lol!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   November 28, 2011 at 11:15AM
magothyrivergirl

Jennifer~what are the tags made from?

Bookmark   November 28, 2011 at 12:29PM
More Discussions
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
National Quilting Day March 21, 2015
The third Saturday of March is National Quilting Day...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Retreat finishes: 2013-2014
Three down...don't ask how many more to go :-)! All...
littlehelen_gw
Baby Quilts - may be photo 'heavy'
Will attempt to post pictures of four of the five baby...
beth7happy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™