Jeannne 'd Arc Living

schoolhouse_gwJune 26, 2013

I came across this company while browsing Ebay for garden statuary. Actually the auction I saw was for an issue of their magazine, which I never knew existed. It looks like a beautiful magazine, much like what "Victoria" magazine used to be.

I also browsed their home site, interesting decorating items.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fun2BHere

Thanks for posting about this. I think I will buy one issue just to see how I like it.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 9:20PM
schoolhouse_gw

Fun, does it appear like this is a new mag that began publishing January of this year or has it been out for some time? Where are you going to purchase your copy? from the website? I didn't notice that you could do that. I got the feeling it was from Denmark and not available here even in the English version, except on Ebay. I might be missing something here.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 10:17PM
schoolhouse_gw

OMG, there's a Christmas issue (2012, scroll down), drool.

Geeze, these must be a hot item. People must be buying them off the news stands over there and putting them up on Ebay. $18.95 for one mag.

Here is a link that might be useful: mag link

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 10:29PM
Fun2BHere

Schoolhouse, I bought my magazine at the link below.
http://www.littlecottageshoppe.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Online Shop

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 12:30PM
schoolhouse_gw

Thanks. I did find that site last night and bookmarked it. Are you going to subscribe? lol If I had an extra $200 laying around I might.

Let me know what the magazine is really like.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 2:28PM
Fun2BHere

I've begun to realize that I don't enjoy magazines as much as I used to, so I probably won't subscribe. I might try to pick up the December or Christmas issue, but first I'll see how the July issue I bought looks. I'll come back and tell you about it on this thread once I receive it.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 3:17PM
schoolhouse_gw

I bought "Victoria" magazine's premier issue in 1987 and have never stopped my subscription (except for the short hiatus of the publishers). It's a mag I dearly loved but eventually lost alot to advertising, lately there can be a "Woman Within" catalog stapled right smack in the middle of the magazine. I wrote to them about that!

Anyway, what I guess I'm trying to say is I could never throw them away - even the newer ones; so I know what you mean about magazines. The only other one I've got hooked on is the "Cottage" series.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:39PM
Fun2BHere

I have been getting the digital version of Cottage. I don't enjoy reading the digital version as much as a hard copy, but going digital helps with storage issues. I only discovered Victoria a few months before it went into hiatus. I have a few early issues that I bought on eBay. I tried the new version and found it too light on content, so I never subscribed.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 10:32PM
More Discussions
Broyhill lamps -- help!
A couple weeks ago I saw some lamps made by Broyhill...
tammy518
Please Post Pics of your 5' wide floors or 3.25' wide floors
Please post pics of your 5" wide hardwood floors...
susanlynn2012
Is this a great statement or a great ugly mess?
Hello to all I could use your input here I have a mid...
chicagoerin
Bright solid or bold print to reupholster settees?
Anyway, I bought a pair of vintage settees for my 'formal'...
sloedjinn
Replace fan/light combo with light?
I have a Broan fan/light combo in my laundry room....
misformink
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™