Kitchen Resource Direct

sparkier73April 11, 2013

Okay... going out on a limb here maybe a little bit. We are redoing the kitchen. Got a quote locally for cabs, good quality, Shaker, painted off-white. It was a budget buster. So looked online and checked GW forums. Found a reference to Kitchen Resource Direct and checked them out. I must say... so far everything has been top notch. I ordered door samples ($25 - refundable when returned within 21 days. Already returned, already refunded!). The door samples arrived within a week of ordering. Worked with one of their designers (no charge) to lay out my kitchen. A multitude of changes and back and forth emails. My designer (Brian) was prompt with replies and never seem agitated at my frequent requests for info and layout changes. They beat our local quote by $9000! (and free shipping). You read that right! So we ordered. 100% made in USA, plywood boxes. I feel quite confident we made a good decision, but I will let you know once the cabs arrive. My impression is that this is a fairly new company eager to offer great customer service, but I really don't know. We shall see. Please - if your have a nightmare story re: KRD - don't tell me. Let me live in bliss for a few more weeks. Anyway - thought I'd pass this on for anyone trying to get a good kitchen but stay within budget. And trust me - if the cabs arrive and they are nasty I'll post pics. Either way, I'll post pics.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
raee_gw

I was looking at them too, until I decided that I wanted frameless cabs. I agree, the designer was very nice and my interactions with them were fine. The first sample that they sent me really wasn't up to snuff as far as the finish, but when I talked to them, they asked me to send the sample back with the flaws marked (so they were interested at least) and they sent me a second sample no charge which was fine.

Did your designer come up with interesting ideas and suggestions for you, or did you basically have to tell him what you wanted?
Please do post pics and let us know, the more we hear about places to get decent budget cabinets the better!

Bookmark   April 12, 2013 at 9:15PM
diamondkat123

Any updates?

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 1:24PM
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Most of their stuff is Chinese, not American made. And of the ones that are American made, they aren't any cheaper than several other American made lines like American Woodmark or Aristokraft. And you're dealing all online instead of with someone in person. Doesn't look bad, just doesn't look like anything really remarkably excitable or "dealworthy".

Bookmark   June 16, 2013 at 3:13PM
KRD-Ben

@hollysprings - We appreciate and value all feedback to improve our products and business. We actually sell 79 different styles of American made Deerfield Assembled Cabinets and only 10 styles of imported RTA Cabinets. Many builders and rental property owners prefer imported RTA, so we cater to their needs. Also, our customers work one-on-one with a designer over the phone and email and we have never received a complaint about this. Was there are particular product that you were dissatisfied with?

Bookmark   June 17, 2013 at 9:15AM
More Discussions
Banquette as only dining area?
I apologize for starting a banquette thread again but...
vdinli
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
How much has your Danby Marble countertops scratched?
Still looking for he holy grail of countertops… back...
Pippin
Anyone used solid surface backsplash with granite countertops?
I am considering doing full backsplash in Corian (or...
Carol Vesier
White on White & other (mis) Matched Kitchens
I was at a friend's house, an artist, last week showing...
Carrie B
Sponsored Products
Faux Slate and Iron Leaf Medallion Wall Fountain
Lamps Plus
Modern Kitchen Faucet with Pull Out Shower Extention
maestrobath
Sample-Imperial Cumulus Cloud Blend Marble Tile Sample
$2.99 | TileBar
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Braided Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection
Home Depot
GlideRite 1.25-inch Oil Rubbed Bronze Classic Oval Egg Cabinet Knobs (Pack of 25
Overstock.com
Nuevo V19R Adjustable Bar Stool - Seared Oak - HGDA173
$393.00 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™