Replace brick firestops with ???

andyinbostonAugust 3, 2010


Renovating an old home where bricks were used as firestops in the wall cavity between floors. Is there a modern product with some insulating ability I can use in place of the bricks?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Rockwool batts.

    Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 8:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Usually 16" tall tightly fitted unfaced fiberglass insulation is accepted. Read the fireblocking section of your building code to be sure.

    Bookmark   August 3, 2010 at 9:56PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Having builder install base kitchen & then immediately remodeling?
I probably would've preferred to buy an old house to...
Melanie Campbell
Pocket door questions
I am considering a butler's pantry/scullery addition...
Structural Engineer - What do I need to Know?
I'm planning a kitchen gut/remodel in my three-story,...
Carrie B
4" or 5" rounded newell posts--where to order?
Is there such a thing as a 4" or 5" round...
Insulating exterior walls with rigid foam
We live in Silicon Valley, where the climate is moderate....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™