Kitchen quote for RTA

vonecu4April 13, 2014

I am shopping around for a redesigned kitchen. Below you will see one I like. It is priced with fabuwood cabinets and they quoted me 17,500 not installed with the door style of wellington Ivory.Im sure in the next week I will have a better idea as I will have other bids in a similar design's but in other brands not RTA. But for 18 cabinets it appears a bit overpriced. I got a MSRP or List price list online from a dealer and it appears with 18 cabinets it should come in around 13k List with crown molding. I think it is a bit overprices for RTA assembled but would like your input.

[URL=http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/vonecut/media/2_zpsddf9fb88.png.html][IMG]http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a549/vonecut/2_zpsddf9fb88.png[/IMG][/URL]

This post was edited by vonecu4 on Sun, Apr 13, 14 at 20:17

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Sophie Wheeler

Expensive for Chinese. You can do better by going American.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 8:24PM
raee_gw

Seems high to me too. I paid

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 8:39PM
deedles

Agree that price seems high for RTA.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 8:47PM
dcward89

That seems ridiculous high to me. Our Barker Cabinets came in at $10,500 for 16 cabinets. Those included 4 drawer stacks, full height pantry cabinet with roll outs, finished end panels including 3 full height finished end panels ($$$), crown, light rail, high quality Blum hardware with soft close doors and drawers...and delivery...you can definitely do better.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 9:29PM
vonecu4

I am going to go try a difference Fabuwood dealer in the area and get them to quote the kitchen. I just cant see why they would come in 6k over MSRP for these RTA pre-assembled cabinets.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 9:42PM
nyrgirl35

I just recently got a quote on Fabuwood cabinets and I don't think they were RTA. I have pretty much the same amount of cabinets as you and I was given $14,000 with install. I wasn't really interested because they were Chinese but the cabinet guy wanted to give me a price on them, he did recommend them. I want made in the USA though.

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 9:58PM
davidindc

Bored tonight.......

Just figured out the cost of your design using Kabinart, a semi custom brand I offer from Nashville Tn. I have had an account with Fabuwood in the first store I set up with a partner I walked away from who turned out to be an evil person. Another story....

The dealer cost for Fabuwood at that time was .34 plus freight. We had to assemble it after we got it. They would only assemble for deliveries made from their building in the suburbs of Ny....

Most dealers are very aware of the cost and competition... I am surprised you would get a price that high. If you are looking at an RTA brand and realize that it is you normally are trying to get the full overlay look at the partial overlay price of the American brands that are entry level in cost...

$12,576 would be our price for the Lancaster from Kabinart. That would be a solid wood door, all wood box (meaning plywood) with solid wood dovetail drawer box with soft close guides and soft close hinges.... This price includes the crown shown on your plan, toe kick, finished ends as needed, and a touch up kit. Meaning I did not purposefully lower the price to make it look better knowing additional items would be required to make a complete install....

Most dealers are very aware of the competition.. Fabuwood should be a lower price then that.... I have a 45% margin on that price meaning dealer cost is around 7,000

Its a gutsy move to price fabuwood that high. Either they see you as a sucker or they really do not want your business and priced it high to politely say no thanks....

Fabuwood is not a rock bottom priced RTA cabinet they are in line with JSI and others like them....

You should be able to get semi custom cabinets from various brands that are entry level in price and quality for less then the quote you have been given...

Bookmark   April 13, 2014 at 10:17PM
vonecu4

Thanks everyone especially David. That really puts it into perspective. David, I sent you an email.

Thanks again.

This post was edited by vonecu4 on Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 13:14

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 12:55PM
live_wire_oak

I'm sure I could do it in Aristokraft for half of that. Made right in Indiana too.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 2:38PM
chrissyb2411

I have almost the exact same layout, slightly smaller. We went kraftmaid. We have 2 drawer stacks, pull out trash, 36" sink, lazy Susan corner, 24" tall pantry, 12 " pull out and 8 uppers. 15 pieces all together. We did stained maple in a shaker door, did not upgrade to plywood boxes, light rails but no crown molding. Our total was just over $5000 delivered. Hope that helps!

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:32PM
kabir

We buy 10-12 kitchens every year and have good experience with forevermark(tsg) brand of RTA's. Their platinum line(pacifica in cherry and few other colors are pretty good and reasonably priced. Its a good buy if you can get 50% off mrp with free shipping. stockcabinetexpress.com is a good place for best prices and talk to Fred.

Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
School me on galley kitchen layout!
So I've tried to start learning from the experts here...
red_argyle
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Carrara tile backsplash with carrara countertop
I found a few images in the photos section of houzz,...
crl_
Help with kitchen mat-awkward area. Custom?
What we would ideally like is a mat with a 45 degree...
akl_vdb
marble bathroom counters in ladies room- real life
This marble counter is in the ladies' room basement...
scrappy25
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™