QofTD 11/26/11 What's Santa's list?

magothyrivergirlNovember 26, 2011

I want another package or two of the newish Clover Wonder clips . Susan Cleveland recommended them in a workshop I attended a few months ago. I used them for the first time yesterday and I love them! They have measurements on the flat side of the clip. They are small & flat, and do not distort the binding like the snappy things. I like them and want more!

What Quilting or sewing item(s) is on your list to Santa?

Here is a link that might be useful: Clover Wonder clips

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

OOoooo! I didn't know about Clover Wonder Clips but now that I do I want some too! (Has anyone mentioned recently that you are quite the enabler?!? LOL)

I was going to put a bolt of fusible Pellon on my wish list so I could get working on the T-shirt quilt, but Joann's had it as a Doorbuster today: $3.99 for a bolt. I bought enough to get me through 3 or 4 quilts so I don't need that anymore.

Not sure what else I need other than a fat quarter of every batik ever made.

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 4:04PM
jennifer_in_va

I don't have any quilting stuff on my Christmas list. DH & I don't really exchange gifts...we buy when/if we need it.

But I did tell him the other day that I 'needed' a Kitchen Aid stand mixer! LOL It'll be delivered next week sometime, just in time for holiday cookie dough! (I've been having joint pain for sometime now, and it's getting worse. I figure the Kitchen Aid will come in very handy in the future!)

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 4:36PM
msmeow

My DH & I don't exchange gifts any more, either. We usually get a more significant item that we both want...one year it was the laptop, last year we got Kindles.

My BIL has my name for Christmas (the 7 siblings/sibs-in-law/niece draw names) and I told him a JoAnn gift card would be fine.

Donna

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 5:24PM
karpet

My straight pins are getting pretty sad looking, so I would like some of the quilter's glass head pins. And also some more of the basting safety pins. (That doesn't sound very exciting, does it?) I also need a new pack of rotary blades. That is my exciting list!
Karlene

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 6:10PM
lindaoh_gw

I have dies for my GO cutter and quilt books on my list. DH bought the cutter for me last year. I want some of the die shapes that are not easy to cut with the rotary cutter.
Linda OH

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 6:29PM
magothyrivergirl

My DH and I don't exchange gifts either. We buy whatever we want through the year. My "list" is between me and Santa - and he knows I know how to use my Visa card!
ho!ho!ho!
I just used my 10 little Wonder Clips again to attach a narrow binding by machine and they are wonderful!

Kate ~ you have the best list! Imagine all the different fat quarters Santa can pick up along the way???? We can dream :)

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 6:39PM
grammyp

I think I would like to have some Red Snappers for my quilt frame, but really would like to try them first. So perhaps Santa can send me on a quilting products adventure.

beverly

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 9:11PM
magothyrivergirl

Beverly, I just bought zippers for my frame-hope to get them sewn on in the next few days. The reviews I've read on the Red Snappers are very mixed - sort of a love them or hate them - just depends (but she has a very good return policy).....zippers.....if you know how to sew a zipper- whats to hate? Pinning kills my back-not to mention time consuming.
A quilting products adventure- that's a very good request!:)

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 9:19PM
dan_the_mailman

I was just reading an article about the many uses of zippers, along with their history, etc. With the article was a bag made of zippers, can you imagine? The article gave me an idea for a quilt made with with zippers, various types of pockets, and who knows what else? LOL!

As for a wishlist, how about all the free fabric and kits I'd like from keepsakequilting, and a paid vacation from work long enough to go to some warm, private island to use it all?

Bookmark   November 26, 2011 at 11:26PM
murphy_zone7

I hadn't heard of the Clover Wonder clips either. Will check them out for sure. I have slipped a hint to Santa that I would like an Accuquilt Go cutter. I have been thinking about it for about 2 months now and have decided I must have one. I was hoping for a good deal on Black Friday but no go. Will keep my fingers crossed for Cyber Monday.
(I am my own Santa and am very good to myself!!)
Murphy

Bookmark   November 27, 2011 at 4:45AM
More Discussions
Heart Blocks
These blocks are made up of 3 1/2" squares of...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
QOTD - Re-posting others' pictures
Is there a rule, or convention, or prohibition against...
loisflan
First & Second completed quilted table runners I made...
This is the second one I made... I made this for my...
shihtzu4su
Need advice on batting and a little help with Houzz
I have only made two quilts, both small ones, and have...
donna_loomis
10th Annual Quilt Retreat 2015
Hi Folks! We are beginning the process of planning...
jennifer_in_va
Sponsored Products
Hinkley Lighting | Cirrus 6 Light Pendant Light
$629.00 | YLighting
AICO Furniture - Lavelle Melange Queen Wing Mansion Bed with...
Great Furniture Deal
Coral Coast Adirondack Ottoman - Dark Brown - WSOC06O-DB
$39.99 | Hayneedle
Black & White Safety Can Opener
$14.99 | zulily
Langdon Sham - Standard
$162.50 | FRONTGATE
Whittier Hanging Outdoor Wall Sconce by Maxim Lighting
$212.00 | Lumens
Newport Flushmount by Hudson Valley Lighting
$236.00 | Lumens
Carpyen | Top Round Ceiling Light