A couple of drapery questions

marrilynJune 23, 2012

I am ordering drapes for my my family room and I posted a while back about different pleat styles.

My decorator is encouraging french pleats. I am not sure if I like them but I could be talked into them. Do you think they seem formal? I kind of thought so, but she doesn't. She showed me several examples of them in currents mags, so I am assuming they are "current", and hopefully won't be soon dated.

The next question is about a return. She thinks they should have one, that it will just help them look more finished. Again, I am clueless here. I don't think I have ever seen drapes with a return, or if so, I haven't really noticed it. Does anyone here have strong opinions on that?

Last question (for now): In my other thread, les (I think) mentioned drapes with rings, but not pleats. I am having trouble finding pictures of this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marrilyn

Sorry, this is a double post. Please ignore.

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 9:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chispa

I just had drapes installed in casual and formal areas and used french pleats for all of them. I have always liked the look of french pleats, so that is what I ordered!

My drapes also have returns. The french pleated drapes that came with my last house also had returns. I think it gives a nice finished look and they block the back-of-the-drape view you would get from certain angles.

Bookmark   June 23, 2012 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
Credenza for mcm home
I have been searching for a credenza for the tv in...
rockybird
Help coordinating an antique chandelier ?
\\Hello all! I'm working on lighting now...:) I have...
eesmerelda
Chalk paint?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about doing a wall in my...
lisa_mocha
Unique Craftsman trim & wainscotting Examples, Info, Opinions
I am looking for examples of unique craftsman and/or...
Corbin Dodge
can anyone school me on encaustic tile?
I've found a pic of this gorgeous bathroom tile but...
daisychain01
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™