quilt I made this month

loraleeNovember 21, 2012

The name of this queen size quilt is Victorian Melody. The fabric is extra fabric I purchased 20 years ago to make one of the daughters brides maid dresses from.

I planned on at that time making a quilt from the same fabric. Finally now that I have more time I have made it.

I had it machine quilted. Twenty years ago I used to hand quilt all of my quilts and working full time it would take me a year to do one.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
quiltnhen

Beautiful and full of memories as every quilt can be.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 1:01PM
loisflan

Very lovely quilt, Loralee. Talk about a long time in the planning stage! I'm glad you were finally able to make it, and machine quilting is a perfectly good alternative when time is an issue. Is this quilt for your daughter or will you keep it for yourself?

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 2:44PM
calliope

That combination of material is very effective. Never would have thought of it, but I like it .......a lot. Someody did a nice quilting job for you. TFS

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 3:18PM
msmeow

Very pretty! I love the colors.
Donna

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 3:33PM
loralee

The dark fabric is a burgandy and it is the same color in the center of the pink roses.

The quilt will either be for the daughter or the granddaughter. I have made each of the girls quilts for their wedding and have been working on each of the granddaughters quilts.

Bookmark   November 21, 2012 at 3:39PM
day2day

Nice pattern and beautiful colors. It's a wonderful quilt.
I like it. TFS.

~Geraldine

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 6:11AM
teresa_nc7

Very nice! Doesn't it feel good to finish something that was so long in the planning? I'm sure many of us have those projects......somewhere....

Teresa

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 9:37AM
loralee

It does feel great to have the planned quilt finished. I had decided to buy an armoire to put a lot of my fabric in.

I had it in boxes in the attic and never could find anything. So, when I needed fabric I would go buy more.

Then came the process of moving and sorting the fabric!! I found 2 other quilts that I had planned and forgotten about. Fabric little mock up done of each quilt.

Bookmark   November 22, 2012 at 12:44PM
bev2009

The quilt is lovely. You did a great job to get it done after all this time. How about a picture of your mock ups? We never get tired of pictures.

Bookmark   November 23, 2012 at 11:57PM
More Discussions
2015 Block Lotto At a Glance
This is going to be a long post, so apologies in advance...
polardreams
2010 Birthday blocks together.
Haven't posted much lately as I had pneumonia from...
nanajayne
Freddie Fox
I've been working on various works in progress, sandwiching...
littlehelen_gw
Baby Quilts - may be photo 'heavy'
Will attempt to post pictures of four of the five baby...
beth7happy
Help quilting forum
can't get pictures to go with the posts
babyarlo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™