Show me your Coastal Living Beds/Furniture!

dorry2June 29, 2012

I am back and forth over colors for the Bungalow and Summerhouse beds. I like the Lemon Twist, but have not seen the physical piece and online, it appears to be a warm yellow as opposed to a lemon or bright sunny yellow. Anyone have their beds or painted furniture?

What about the blues...high tide, wave, sea mist. Would love to see your pictures or opinions on these colors.

I had planned to do a mixture of beds (two painted wood and one wrought iron bed, but most of the iron beds have foot boards and my son is 6'3," so when he visits, I want him to fit in the bed! Now I am back to this Bungalow Bed with a very low foot board.

The room backs to woods, which faces NE and an E-facing window. I thought the yellow would be a nice contrast and brighten up the room. Also wondering if I am limiting myself going with a stained/color bed, though I think of many of these colors as neutrals, esp. the yellow, shell....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mary_ruth

What I would do is to Google Bungalow style, summer house beds, etc. coastal colors and see what comes up. There are some great magazines that have photos online as well like Coastal Living and have photos on their site.
Also search on Pinterest, there are so many photos there, if you are not a member already, you can sign up (free) and then browse photos with searches for your type of photos you want to view.

Sorry I couldn't be more help with photos.

Good luck with your project!

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 3:43AM
mary_ruth

I love browsing in Houzz, here is one link (below) that would help you start your search

Here is a link that might be useful: Houzz coastal decor

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 4:46AM
Sueb20

We have a beach cottage and I also wanted iron beds for a couple of rooms but DH is 6'4" and can't sleep with a footboard on our queen size bed. We found Wesley Allen beds at a local furniture store, which have the option of headboard only, no footboard. I don't know if they come in the finishes you want, but might be worth checking out. Ours are in a sort of white-washed/ivory color.

I looked at some of the Coastal Living painted furniture when we were first looking a couple years ago, and I almost did get yellow nightstands but then (1) realized they were too big for our room and (2) worried that I'd get tired of the color after a while. I ended up with small nightstands from a flea market.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 8:31AM
tinataylor123

You have thought a nice idea to decorate your home with coastal home decor theme.keep up a good work.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polynesiandesigns

Bookmark   August 2, 2012 at 4:56AM
More Discussions
Hardwood floors and adjoining room, help please
We are sanding and staining the wood in our living...
jtaime2
Anyone Dislike Their Memory Foam Mattress?
After 4-5yrs of having it DH and I looked at each other...
ttodd
Do all decorative vases need flowers?
Just moved and trying to decorate new home. I bought...
eppe4
What wall color with these woods?
Helping a friend on her bedroom. Right now the wall...
debrak_2008
Speaking of food...Sacher Torte
I recently found out my son's favorite dessert is Sacher...
Javachik
Sponsored Products
Kelley modern sectional sofa
Interior Define
Microfiber Curved Sectional Sofa
Opulent Items
Baja Blue Rectangular: 5 Ft. 3 In. X 7 Ft. 6 In. Rug
$149.00 | Bellacor
Abbyson Living Anderson Leather Reclining Loveseat - CH-8801-BRN-2
Hayneedle
Palm Springs Indoor/Outdoor Ottoman
| Dot & Bo
Safavieh Bali Tropical Teak Arm Chair
Overstock.com
VIG Furniture - EV 3330 - Modern Espresso Leather Sectional Sofa -...
Great Furniture Deal
Retro Geo Fiesta Outdoor Lumbar Pillow
$119.00 | FRONTGATE
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™