am I being ripped off?

GoofyYnoJuly 21, 2011

How much should it cost to cut a serpentine path through a concrete floor? the area is about 22 feet by 18-24" at a depth of about 3-4 ". (including removal of concrete)

as long as I'm asking. How about a seating/storage bench outside with two parallel block walls on a concrete base. looking at 25 feet long and about 2 high.I spoke with many contractors before selecting one who's prices seemed to be realistic, and I meshed with to do the work. with the job in process, some of the latter items are coming in very high. It's hard to know if what they are charging is fair.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
renovator8

You lost me. Cutting a serpentine path through a floor? Meshed with to do the work?

Why are prices still coming in? Prices for construction labor vary as much as 100% by region in the US.

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 7:40AM
GoofyYno

we are putting a "river" of rock mosaic tiles from outside through our greatroom. The tiling is in the bid from the hardscape contractor. To make a long story short, because neither of my contractors could get a concrete stain guys, I found one. But he won't cut it, just stain. so now I get the change order from the hardscape contractor to just cut the concrete and it seems awfully high. I'm going to try and see what the going rate in my area it, but I thought if I had an idea of what it should be that would help.

(I'd prefer to let the hardscape contractor be in control of removal & replacement so there can't be finger pointing)
does that help or make it more confusing? (BTW I live in arizona)

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 9:36AM
brickeyee

Expect a high bill.

The typical concrete cutting tools make straight lines.

Curved lines require a lot of hand work.

It might actually be easier to remove a larger rectangular area and them re-pour the curved sections using wooden forms.

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 10:11AM
GoofyYno

Thanks,
I spoke with another vender who said the same thing. I will sign the change of work order and feel a little better about it.

Bookmark   July 22, 2011 at 11:40AM
More Discussions
Sunroom or Diningroom
I just finished remodeling my kitchen; which has two...
mydestiny1
Design and Planning a Remodel/Addition on a Budget
I bought my first home three years ago and had grand...
gzehnder
Any reviews of J & K Cabinetry?
We are redoing our kitchen and I came across this type...
Jill_homemaker
extending roof with a patio cover and it's tight
I have a fifty year old Santa Fe style house (old style,...
JPT
Removing brick and install what?
Just for the sake of discussion...if one was to remove...
mlo1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™