FHA Idenity of Interest

gaylemhNovember 1, 2010

Can someone please explain this to me.

My daughter wants to purchase my primary residence. She doesn't live in the house. I had it listed with the real estate agent for 6 months, but it didn't sell. I told my daughter I would sell it to her, but all she qualifies for is a FHA loan. I see different information on line about it, some sites say they will only aprove 85% of the value. Other sites say that as long as it's going to be a primary residence you can still close with 3.5%.

Does anyone know exactly what the rules are with this? I'd like to know if she would be able to buy with 3.5 down, before we get the lawyers involved, and have to pay lawyer fees, and not be able to purchase the house.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terriks

Talk to a loan officer.

Bookmark   November 1, 2010 at 10:50PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenbank

Typically, you can qualify for 3.5% under certain conditions; but in addition to your daughter's ceiling for the amount she can borrow, the FHA will have a ceiling for the county (typically) the home is in. They may also have a minimum down payment limit based on the market you're selling in.

In my county, the maximum FHA mortgage is 385K. If your house was in my county and priced at 350K (and your daughter's income supported the monthlies and other qualifications), she could probably buy with 3.5% down. However, if your house was $500K, she would need to come up with at least $115K down to make up the difference between the FHA max and your selling price (again, assuming her income would support a $385K mortgage).

This is all easily answered by calling a mortgage broker.

Bookmark   November 2, 2010 at 6:43AM
More Discussions
can he evict us?.
almost a year ago me and my girlfriend and her 5 yr...
Joseph Gonser
Home sellers: Terrible experience with realtors?
Hi there, I'm getting ready to sell my house and need...
dollhausimaginations
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
kiki_redo
Getting house ready to sell and have door knob question.
My house is going on 11 yrs old. Everything is pretty...
padillasideas
escrow account for a repair
We received an offer on our house! The house is priced...
karin_2009
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™