Color Help for Mint Bedroom

sailormassJune 20, 2012

Hi--I'd like to paint my master bedroom a cool mint color--not too blue but not yellow-ish either. I've been thinking about BM's Honeydew Melon or Fresh Mint. Anyone have any thoughts, or pics or ideas from mint bedrooms you have?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jessicaml

I just painted my bedroom green, and after trying various colors, I ended up combining two Ace colors (1/2 formula of Hawthorne and 1/2 formula of Dusty Moon) in Clark + Kensington flat enamel. It's the perfect green in my bedroom. Out of curiousity, I brought the paint lid down to the Ace where I work to scan it with the color match eye and see what Benjamin Moore color would be closest to my color. The answer was Glade Green, which was very close to some BM colors I had considered. I wasn't looking for a mint green (more of a soothing but springy green), but I could see this color being called minty.

Here are some good pictures of Glade Green in the Master Bath, a little over halfway down the page.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rachel's Nest blog with Glade Green Master Bath

Bookmark   June 20, 2012 at 6:48PM
sailormass

Hey, Rachel--Thank you so much! What a beautiful place you have--reminds me of my old abode in NOVA (I used to live in Falls Church, now am a somewhat disgruntled New Englander). You've decorated it very beautifully and I'm grateful that you posted the photos because I had similar color ideas for the guest baths and hallway. You have wonderful taste--and isn't Home Goods great?

Thanks again!

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 6:49PM
jessicaml

I wish I could take the credit for the the Rachel's Nest blog, but I just happened across it when looking for pictures of Glade Green. She does have a lovely home, though, doesn't she?

Bookmark   June 21, 2012 at 11:16PM
sailormass

Sorry, Jessicaml--obviously I hadn't had enough coffee--should have read your name! But thanks for the link!

Bookmark   June 22, 2012 at 4:14PM
More Discussions
Help with window treatments
Hi, we put in new living room windows, and now I need...
marbelle21
Have rounded drywall corners, do I do rounded baseboard?
We are redoing the millwork in our 1995 house. We...
akl_vdb
TIGHT Space for Mirrors (Between the Light Fixture and Backsplash) :(
We are coming into the home stretch. Although there...
Monrovia Mom
Office ready for window treatments - WWYD?
I finally hung the diplomas and DH's favorite print...
2pups4me
Do all decorative vases need flowers?
Just moved and trying to decorate new home. I bought...
eppe4
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™