looking for a particular kind of curtain rod

cateyanneJune 26, 2013

I am in the process of getting up new curtains in kitchen windows. I don't want the curtains to cover up any of the woodwork surrounding the windows, so I really want an inside mount. But, I really like the look of decorative finials on the ends of the rods. The curtains will be attached to the rods with rubbed bronze grommets, so I'm looking for a rubbed bronze finish. I can go black if necessary. The only inside mount ones I've found don't have the end finials. Maybe there is a particular name for this type of rod, if there is such an animal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
KMBC

i don't beleive it is possible to have inside mount curtain rods with finials You certainly would not be able to have your curtain cover the entire window if there were a finial.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 5:53PM
tinan

You could probably do this with a ceiling-mout rod - you'd mount the rod to the top of the inner frame rather than the ceiling of course.

As mentioned, you would have a gap between the curtain and the side of the window due to the finial.

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 8:23PM
justgotabme

The closest type of curtain rod to what you are wanting would be Levelor's Twist and Fit rods or a tension mount decorative rod, but it's a double rod. You'll have to highlight this address and then chose to open in a new tab since I can't add two live links without using HTML....
http://www.amazon.com/Tension-Mount-Decorative-Curtain-Black/dp/B005IGVVLS

Here is a link that might be useful: Twist and Fit Rod

Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 9:43PM
cateyanne

The mount is on the inside, but the decorative finials are on the outside, not hindering total curtain coverage.In other words, a more decorative inside rod mount instead of the "unseen" rod that is usually what you get with an inside mount. I know I've seen them but can't remember where.
Justgotabme, that is close to what I'm referring to, thanks for that post.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:28PM
More Discussions
Best Color For a House Flip
Hi all, i need some color choices for a house flip....
sprtphntc
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
artydecor
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Need Help With Color Choice for Kitchen and Keeping Rooms
We are doing a Kitchen renovation to a 1950's Colonial...
homechef59
Chalk paint?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about doing a wall in my...
lisa_mocha
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™