looking for a particular kind of curtain rod

cateyanneJune 26, 2013

I am in the process of getting up new curtains in kitchen windows. I don't want the curtains to cover up any of the woodwork surrounding the windows, so I really want an inside mount. But, I really like the look of decorative finials on the ends of the rods. The curtains will be attached to the rods with rubbed bronze grommets, so I'm looking for a rubbed bronze finish. I can go black if necessary. The only inside mount ones I've found don't have the end finials. Maybe there is a particular name for this type of rod, if there is such an animal?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

i don't beleive it is possible to have inside mount curtain rods with finials You certainly would not be able to have your curtain cover the entire window if there were a finial.

    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 5:53PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You could probably do this with a ceiling-mout rod - you'd mount the rod to the top of the inner frame rather than the ceiling of course.

As mentioned, you would have a gap between the curtain and the side of the window due to the finial.

    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 8:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The closest type of curtain rod to what you are wanting would be Levelor's Twist and Fit rods or a tension mount decorative rod, but it's a double rod. You'll have to highlight this address and then chose to open in a new tab since I can't add two live links without using HTML....

Here is a link that might be useful: Twist and Fit Rod

    Bookmark   June 26, 2013 at 9:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The mount is on the inside, but the decorative finials are on the outside, not hindering total curtain coverage.In other words, a more decorative inside rod mount instead of the "unseen" rod that is usually what you get with an inside mount. I know I've seen them but can't remember where.
Justgotabme, that is close to what I'm referring to, thanks for that post.

    Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:28PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Best Color For a House Flip
Hi all, i need some color choices for a house flip....
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Need Help With Color Choice for Kitchen and Keeping Rooms
We are doing a Kitchen renovation to a 1950's Colonial...
Chalk paint?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about doing a wall in my...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™