Exchange Forum possibility

mary_c_gwNovember 29, 2011

I heard back from Tamara, and she will put in a request for us. Here's her reply to my email:

Hi Mary,

It will be easier to just create an Exchanges forum to add to the

others. I've submitted a request and hopefully they can have it created

in a few days. I'll keep you posted!

Best,

Tamara

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
K8Orlando

Thanks Mary! I didn't know Tamara was still with iVillage; it's been a while since we heard from her. Good to know she's still there.

Do you think she really meant a separate forum or a separate page?

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 9:14AM
mary_c_gw

Well, I asked for it to be part of the Quilting Forum, and wondered if she could convert the Gallery, so I think she means here.

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 9:21AM
teresa_nc7

Mary,
My last email to Tamara bounced. If you email her again, please ask her to get in touch with me concerning the FAQ page. I can't seem to get an answer from anyone else either.

tcrouzer(at)yahoodotcom

Thank you,
Teresa

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 10:42AM
rosajoe_gw

Mary, if she converts the galley csn you find out if the old pics will be deleted??

I think it's a good idea, thanks for getting the ball rolling.
Rosa

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 12:49PM
mary_c_gw

Rosa,

IF it happens, it won't be a conversion of the gallery. It will be a new forum, here as a subset of quilting.

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 1:13PM
micyrey

hi
thanks mary, this will help I like the swaps/ lottos and birthday block exchanges, I didnt know we were upsetting people with our posts.
thanks
michelle

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 4:47PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Michelle, Please don't think the lotto and BD block posts are a problem....they are part of quilting....you're making blocks. The posts are like anything else we would rather not participate in so we skip over them. It isn't a problem for me!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 7:21PM
rosajoe_gw

Michelle, I don't participate because I don't have the time, but I do love to look at the BD blocks and I check out the lotto blocks.

If the subject doesn't interest anyone they don't have to read it lol!!!
Rosa

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 7:56PM
mary_c_gw

Please don't think that I think swaps are a problem! I don't, and never have thought that.

I don't know if you read this thread or not:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/quilt/msg1117132821772.html?23

I think the consensus of people posting to Dan_the_mailman was that we would like more people on the Quilting Forum, but that an area for swaps would be a good thing.

I really wanted this to be an inclusive, accepting move, not a divisive one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Your input needed

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 8:03PM
minnie_tx

I think we should leave well enough alone. If someone wants to exchange why not jut include it in the topic. We lost many good people last time things got changed around

Bookmark   November 29, 2011 at 8:57PM
itsmesuzq

I know I don't post as often as I used to but I thought I'd share my opinion. I for one would love to have an area for Exchange Forum here on the Quilt Forum. I stopped doing the birthday blocks here and created a Flickr account so I could swap Mug Rugs and I loved it! The downside was I missed all of you at the Garden.

I'm just saying that there may be some of us that would like to see familiar names and make new friends who would like to do swaps and different kinds of exchanges.

Thanks Mary for your time and effort. I'm excited to see what happens.

Susan

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 10:47AM
nanajayne

I was going to stay out of this as I am neutual but having been a part of the some of the exchanges--having enjoyed doing them and reading about them I guess I shoud say that I feel they are a part of the forum. Even when I am not doing one I enjoy the efforts of others. It gets pretty tiresome without their stimulous. I doubt very much if I would go elsewhere to seek out exchanges but if they are part of my daily read I check them out. If I find it not of interest I bypass. Nothing hard about that but this forum is too personal to give up and the members are missed if I don't check them out.

Bookmark   November 30, 2011 at 3:04PM
quiltingfox

Thanks bunches Mary. I look forward to having an Exchange Forum on the Quilting Forum. Appreciate your help.

Best to you and many thanks,
Sandra

Bookmark   December 4, 2011 at 7:45PM
More Discussions
Wahoo and Thank You
Thank you so much to all that submitted blocks from...
ibquiltn4fun
2015 March Block Lotto
Welcome to the March Block Lotto! The lotto is open...
toolgranny
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™