Is a second 'brokers open house' ever possible?

farmhousegirlNovember 10, 2013

Just curious, has anyone ever had a second broker's open house? Seems it would be helpful to get more brokers in the door to realize your house is very nice and show clients. Has anyone done this?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LuAnn_in_PA

Anything is possible!

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 4:21PM
sushipup1

What does your listing agent say?

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 6:20PM
DLM2000

Of course. Around here it's not unusual if a house is sitting with little activity to see a second brokers open.

Bookmark   November 10, 2013 at 6:30PM
dabunch

Here's the thing: Brokers are lazy so your listing agent would have to bribe them, perhaps, with the best catering for lunch in town.
Is your agent willing to foot the bill?....and advertise to ALL the agencies in town? Is he/she creative?

I would take it off the market, reintroduce it, stage it, and hold a brokers open with the best lunch in town.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with PA and what motivates brokers and/or buyers in your area. Having lived in different parts of the country I can tell you that what works in CA may not work in NY.....

I see in your other post that you are frustrated with the sale....Just an FYI: In my state it depends which town your property is located and the culture of the buyers (Asian, Middleeastern....) as to what they want, and what they will pay for. You need to know your buyers. In certain towns people will pay for extras, in others you can have a gold plated house and you have to give it away....

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 7:32AM
xamsx

The house I currently live in did. Long story, but she had to have a second one as her clients didn't listen to her the first time, and left it the way they made use of the rooms (living room was the dining room, dining room was the living room and it made no sense).

Ironically, our agent didn't attend, I found the house online.

If you do have a second agent open, make sure there is a REASON to do so - new brochures, updates to the property since the first open, etc. Just to have a second agent open for more free food may not get many feet in the door.

Bookmark   November 11, 2013 at 8:44AM
More Discussions
Happy story: my sis just bought her first house
Just thought I'd share a happy story! My sister's been...
robo (z6a)
Lady Realtor coming to house at 6:30pm and its dark outside?
I was looking up homes for sale around me on trulia...
tlbean2004
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
kiki_redo
Seller isn't signing the sale contract
Land has been on the market for 1.5 yrs and asking...
net42k
Home closing delayed or is it a wash-out?
Hello everyone, I am a new poster, but have enjoyed...
housesellerc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™