What do you do when just not happy with a project?
5 yrs in the making an I just not happy with it. Yet this is not just any quilt it is special to me for several reasons.
1. The big blocks are from material a very special great aunt had in her things when she died an she would be very pleased that I chose her material for my gsons quilt.
2.My mom cut the quilt blocks this is the babys greatgrandmother.
3. I enlarged clip art pics to fit on puter paper traced then ironed the pics onto blocks then outlined with the ball point paints, filling in small details here an there.
4.My youngest daughter drew the small pics for the small blocks freehand an I painted them same as the big blocks.
5.My other daughter (babies mother) laid out the quilt blocks the way she wanted them.
6. gsons older brother has quilt just like it just set together with different color..
WHY am I not happy
1. The material my daugher picked for backing is very cheap material that will not last very long I told her that up front that it was not what we wanted she liked the material an wanted it used anyway.
2. My mother was almost blind when she cut the blocks an none of them are square...same with the other quilt they was all cut at the same time. Mom thought she could do this but well..... I just did not realize how poorly mom was seeing at the time an she really really wanted to help with the quilts.