My husband and I hired a contractor to do our bathroom and kitchen. The contractor only did the kitchen and not the bathroom. The kitchen is almost done, but there have been so many issues arising recently and I am not really satisfied with the remodel of the kitchen for many many many reasons.
1. We are redirecting the vent for the stove and the new vent was not made prior to the drywall being put up. SO, there's no hole for the vent at all and it will be installed once the appliances are here and everything is setup, meaning a cookie cutter hole in the cabinet. I know behind the cabinet is a big pipe for the gas and the vent needs an open area.
2. the crown molding for the cabinets have minor gaps everywhere and it is not properly aligned in some places.
3. granite seams are extremely noticeable and rough to the touch
4. the backboard of the cabinet under the sink had 3"x10" cut out for plumbing because plumber did not extend the hot and cold water lines out enough. So the plumber had to cut out the cabinet to be able to weld the lines
5. the electrical socket panel for the stove is slightly behind the cabinet, but the entire socket is completely visible
6. I can see all the screws that were used to screw in the cabinets. some of the screws nicked the wood a bit and they are not all screwed in the same, meaning some are screwed in well while others are not. Some of those screws cannot be hidden with whatever they use to hide it with. Plus, there are other ways to install the cabinets without seeing the screws. It is the same thing for the minor gaps in the cabinets.
7. we are redoing the entire downstairs floor due to the remodel. we were going to place a decorative mosaic tile in a particular location and explained to them how the tile needs to be placed so that the decorative piece would look nice. The tiling that they did was done wrong and now the decorative piece will need to be offset when the rest of the tiling is worked on.
8. Cabinets needed to be stored in my home for over 2 weeks before install
9. Remodel took about 2 months, length of getting it done is not in contract
- The painting on the ceiling was not done right prior to the cabinets being installed
So, there is a bit more the list, but I cannot think of it at the moment. I personally do not want these guys doing my bathroom and this other remodel to my house, which consists of a major structural change. If these guys are making minor mistakes like these for a new kitchen, I feel they would screw up a major project and the bathroom too. I heard I can do a change order. I am just wondering what to do. Can I just tell him that we are not interested in remodeling the bathroom anymore? Or that we will do it at a later date?