What did this house sell for?

jeriNovember 18, 2008

18 Via Monte, 91320

We tried for months to buy this house "Short" with no success. Then, it went back to the bank at auction for $773 in July. When it hit the MLS as an REO in mid August, we made an offer for $775 but were told there were several offers on the house  some for over the asking price of $829. We walked.

Since that time, we have been watching the Sunday paper to see what it really did go for. We have never seen this house listed. We know that people are living in the house, so we think it did sell. How can I find out what it went for???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janjan212

Zillow.com says recently sold for 773,050. Not sue of the accuracy.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 3:30PM
marzhere

Redfin has it the same

Here is a link that might be useful: RedFin

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 3:31PM
jeri

$773,050 was the Auction price that the bank took it back for in July.

It came on the market as an REO on 08/20/08 for $829 and we made an offer that day for $775. We were told the next day that it had several offers - some for over the asking price.

Does anyone find it odd that I can't find the sale price? What do you suppose that means?

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 4:00PM
calliope

Perhaps it's because it's still bank-owned and didn't sell. Go to the auditor's office and ask to see their information on the house. It's public domain.

Bookmark   November 18, 2008 at 8:22PM
jeri

Calliope  there are people living in the house  not the original family either.

Go to the auditor's office and ask to see their information on the house. It's public domain.

Would you mind explaining this to me? I will try to Google it too. What is an auditorÂs office and how does it work? Would I find this office at the county court house???

Jeri

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 1:23PM
calliope

Some counties have all their real estate data online. You may want to go to your county auditor's website (they'll have one) and see if real estate data is there. If it's not, yes, usually your courthouse will have their office. You just walk in, and ask to see the info on that address/parcel. They'll give it to you, I'm sure unless that differs significantly from state to state. This is part of what mortgage companies, and attorneys do when they are doing title searches. You can actually search your own title if you know what you are doing.

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 4:12PM
lyfia

You would go to whichever office handles property taxes or property titles in your state/county. In TX the sale price is not disclosed to the goverment so you can't find that info in TX, but by the zip it appears you're not in TX so doesn't matter. All you can find in TX is what is on any liens on the property.

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 6:01PM
sue36

Where I live the tax assessor can give you what every piece of property sold for in town. Some of its' online, but going to the source is more accurate and up to date. They would also know who the existing owner is. You can also check the registry of deeds. In my state the registry of deeds does not have sales price, but they do have lots of other useful info (liens, mortgages, easements, etc.). That information is all online here.

Bookmark   November 19, 2008 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
Off market for 6 days, why? ncrealestateguy?
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster. I hope...
heather483
Sell Home, Go to Court Or What?
This may be the first time I have posted asking for...
ncrealestateguy
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
kiki_redo
Pond Dye Dumped Into My Pond and Stream... Water Rights Question
I never posted once in seven years, and now I post...
ncrealestateguy
Real Estate Agent Fees
My nephew is selling his condo, the agent that is selling...
enjoyingspring
Sponsored Products
Feiss Baton Rouge 15" High Outdoor Wall Lantern
Lamps Plus
Campania International Kyoto Buddha Garden Statue - OR-143 - NATURAL
$639.99 | Hayneedle
Savoy House 5-6528-52 Dehart Bark & Gold Outdoor Wall Sconce
Littman Bros Lighting
Natural & Green Connelly Rug
$34.99 | zulily
Nora 4" White and Black Adjustable Eyeball Recessed Trim
$16.91 | Lamps Plus