Wolf Hood VS Ventahood

beejay712June 4, 2009

We're remodeling our kitchen, installing a dual fuel LP Wolf range. Have lived and cooked for over 20 years without ventilation and since it is quite an investment we want to make an informed choice. We went to a distributor and looked at hoods, listened to hoods and we really liked how easy the Wolf ventilation system is to clean, looks sound, etc. Warned that the Ventahood had a metal pc that you had to unscrew and it could be full of grease. Checked a friends who had not cleaned it for 6 months and hers had nothing in it. Now I'm confused. For a 30" range is 600 cfm enough? Does using liquid propane change anything we should be considering? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
haus_proud

In the kitchen and appliances forums on this website you will find enough info on hoods to earn you a PHD on the subject. The short answer: Ventahoods are NOISY. There are many options to consider, and it's good that you're planning this early in your remodel.

Some general advice: Pick the thing that's right for you. Don't let a contractor or subcontractor steer you toward something that might not be right for you -- they just want to put in something that they know and that's easy for them to install. And make sure your installer has some expertise in this specific area. For many it's just a sideline.

Do a search on "hood" in those other forums, and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know on the subject.

Good luck.

Bookmark   June 5, 2009 at 10:22AM
More Discussions
Dog Grooming/Bathing Station, show me your pictures, please
I really need to include a bathing/grooming area in...
thbennet
need help designing shed dormers
we bought an 1864 post and beam house and want to add...
lisafromvermont
Insulating exterior walls with rigid foam
We live in Silicon Valley, where the climate is moderate....
ylmzm
Questions about attic & insulation
1980's era house. Blown in FG insulation which at this...
lucas_tx_gw
Stucco On French Door Installation
Hi, I am replacing a window with french doors in the...
shaklee3
Sponsored Products
"London" Square Jewelry Case
$130.00 | Horchow
Homelegance Wolfe Rectangular Dining Table in Medium Brown
Beyond Stores
Patch Magic Wolf Trail, Wolf Toss Pillow 16 x 16-Inch
$31.00 | Bellacor
Extra Large Quilted Jewelry Box
$299.00 | FRONTGATE
CAL Lighting Wolf Resin 1.5 in. Brown Lamp Finial FA-5018A
$11.00 | Home Depot