Please provide feedback on kitchen design!

moon2011June 16, 2011

Hi everyone,

We have been visiting this forum for a while now and have found it extremely helpful in the initial stages of planning a kitchen remodel. Now it's time to take it to the next level. We have some rough design ideas that we would appreciate feedback on.

A little background on our kitchen - it was built in the 80s and is about 20'X10'. The current layout has a range on one of the smaller dimension walls leaving no working room around the range. There is a peninsula in the middle of the room that cuts it into half. The other side of the peninsula has space for a small dining table. We want to remove the peninsula and expand the countertops/cabinets all the way along the longer dimension. This wall currently has a door that opens to a side patio. We are willing to get rid of the door and replace it with a window.

Here are a few preliminary designs we have generated for this space:

http://s1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/moon_2011/Kitchen%20design/

Please let us know what you guys think. Our main priorities are to increase the available counter and cabinet space and provide a seamless work environment. We are unsure at present about what to do with all empty space in the middle. The kitchen is too narrow for an island. Maybe a butcher block?

Thanks so much!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davidro1

1000 opinions

Here is a link that might be useful: over here

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 9:12AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
moon2011

@davidro1: I posted this in the kitchen forum. Please provide the opinions there :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread in kitchen forum

Bookmark   June 19, 2011 at 10:40PM
More Discussions
What to do with fireplace/bookcase
I have an old fireplace that needs a rehab badly. What...
jbryan21
House remodel
Well I got the numbers for the remodel of my 1950s...
buckeye_11
Inquiry into Counterfeit Faucet Certification Marks.
Faucets sold in North America are regulated. They are...
StarCraft Custom Builders
Shaker style question
What are y'all's opinions on Shaker style cabinetry....should...
janelor
Help! Ceilings are dipping!
I don't know if this is just an unusual series of events...
andrelaplume2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™