Help with kitchen layout please

jackson2348April 22, 2013

We are building a new home. Have been working with a designer, and I think I don't love what he's done in the kitchen. I'm attaching a preliminary floor plan.

I want a 36" rangetop and 36" built in fridge, he has drawn in 48". I'd like double ovens if we can find space, I have a range now and prefer DO. I'll have an ice maker and beverage fridge located elsewhere.

I can't decide if I'd prefer the sink or cooktop on the window wall. I love both looks. I'm also attatching pics of our current kitchen. I love how this kitchen functions with a nice tight triangle between the fridge, range, and prep sink, and miles of prep space on the island. The clean up zone is out of the cooks way.

We will be doing site built cabinets, so there's no restrictions on cabinet sizing. If there are any questions, please fire away...Thanks in advance for any and all help you can give me!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosie

I suspect a 48" range would be in better scale for the size of your space. I have a 36" stove with 42" hood in a somewhat smaller layout (with only a 9' ceiling), and I think they look nice, not too small for me because I was looking more for a pretty than a commanding, dramatic look in the first place (good thing!), but I am glad they're not even an inch narrower.

Bookmark   April 22, 2013 at 7:35PM
More Discussions
So confused!!
Okay kind people I need assistance as I am overwhelmed...
Susan McGoldrick-Meerdink
Karran quartz sink?
I really like the look and supposed durability of the...
oasisowner
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Best mid (low?) range painted cabinet: Kemper, Medallion, Home Crest
Love this forum and would love to know anyone's experience...
fourquinn
Granite countertop color question
My wife and I just bought some granite countertops. In...
dsm1995gst
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™