OT small town tradegy

rosajoe_gwOctober 23, 2011

One of our most influential families has had a horrible weekend. In a rural town our size you get to know people and they are very involved in cancer and alzheimer charities.

A mother of 4 is in the hospital for major surgery. The grandmother drove over to pick up 3 of the children for the weekend.

2 young men 22 yo (driver) and 24 yo for some reason lost control and hit them head on. From this small town also. No alchol, drugs, or cell phones were involved.

The grandmother, 2yo grandson, 7yo granddaughter, and the 2 young men in the other car all died on impact from broken necks.

The 9 yo grandson was critical but after surgery is listed as serious. He is now in the same hospital as his mother. Another 5 yo, thankfully was with friends and not in the vehicle.

The mother will not be able to attend the funerals. I feel so sorry for both families, the other family lost their only children. This has really shaken up this small community.

They would have to sedate me and put me in a padded room. This is a very wealthy family and I am sure they would trade it all to undue the accident.

Rosa

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanajayne

How very sad. There just arn't words for a situation like this. I am so sorry for everyone. God Bless. Jayne

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 4:28PM
magothyrivergirl

Tragic - no words to describe the impact this will have on the families and your community. Prayers to all.

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 5:08PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Rosa, that's just horrible. The whole town must be in shock and will take years for any kind of acceptance. Prayers and comfort to all...

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 5:09PM
K8Orlando

They will be in my prayers.

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 5:57PM
grammyp

Oh, how horrible. My heart breaks for all the families involved. They will certainly be in my prayers.

beverly

Bookmark   October 23, 2011 at 6:53PM
More Discussions
My 2015 Granny Square Quilt Blocks
Here are some of the different blocks I have been hand-piecing...
quiltingfox
how large is your design wall?
I was just wondering how large everyones design wall...
redpenny
Another feature found
So, I found another feature that I thought you a) might...
jennifer_in_va
January, 2015 Quilting/Sewing Goals
Here we are in 2015......Black-eyes, collards and cornbread...
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
Oh my!
Switching over to Houzz very challenging! I sure hope...
nannykins
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™