A bit of good in all this gloom~~

phoggieOctober 27, 2008

Did any of you hear the news story about the lady whose home was being sold in foreclosure and a complete stranger was sitting by her and bought the home so the lady could stay in it? It really touched my heart....what a wonderful thing to do. It is too bad that more who are in the financial situation that could do so, don't use the compassion to do likewise......sure wish I could ~~

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jrdown

No I haven't. Do you have a link? Where did this happen? The buyer of the forclosure property sure sounds like a compassionate person and fortunate to have the income to do this.

Robyn

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 10:49AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chisue

I saw coverage of this on TV -- Friday, I think, on GMA? The 'rescuer' seemed unsure of exactly how she was going to work this out. She'd bought the property at auction for about $30K; planned to get a mortgage and have the foreclosed owner cover her payments. Frankly, I had the uneasy feeling the foreclosed owner was unlikely to perform. (Maybe she just seemed a mess being filmed at the auction where her house was being auctioned. Maybe I wondered *why* she was there at all.)

Bookmark   October 28, 2008 at 12:47PM
More Discussions
Moving to make room for mom?
My mother is getting to the age where she should not...
paintedpeggies
Seller isn't signing the sale contract
Land has been on the market for 1.5 yrs and asking...
net42k
can he evict us?.
almost a year ago me and my girlfriend and her 5 yr...
Joseph Gonser
Happy story: my sis just bought her first house
Just thought I'd share a happy story! My sister's been...
robo (z6a)
something to check when buying a home (pets/carpet)
something i wish i'd checked out before purchasing...
kiki_redo
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™