Has anyone seen 4x8 sheets of Travertine veneer?

onabalconyMay 22, 2012

When I lived in Phoenix AZ I saw an amazing product at a "Home Show" and now that I've moved across the country and really need to remodel a bath I can't recall the name of the product let alone the distributor. Hoping that someone here can help jog my brain. Anyhow, at first glance, the product "looked" like a 4'x8' sheet of travertine stone! Actually it was a veneer product. The honest to goodness travertine stone was probably 1/4" thick and was adhered to a sheet of aluminum (and perhaps other layers, idk) making the entire sheet lightweight enough to be handled by the homeowner. It sounds bizarre but the product was gorgeous with so many pluses, no grout lines, real stone, lightweight and great for the diy-er. I live in Northern VA now and have googled my fingers to the bone but am finding nothing for residential applications. Thanks in advance for any tips, suggestions or leads!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
onabalcony

Ok, so I finally found the link below. It sounds much like what I saw at the Phoenix Home Show but without the 'honeycomb' feature. This company is in India but it's the only lead I've found so far...

Here is a link that might be useful: Metaltek

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 11:03PM
kirkhall

So, I googled "granite veneer" and got this among others:

Here is a link that might be useful: veneer

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 12:20AM
kirkhall

these seem cool. I'd be interested to see how they cost-compare to other alternatives--especially for water proofing.

Here is a link that might be useful: stonecladding

Bookmark   May 23, 2012 at 12:32AM
More Discussions
Help! Ceilings are dipping!
I don't know if this is just an unusual series of events...
andrelaplume2
Average hourly rate for electrician?
We are having to do some rewiring of old knob/tube...
dainaadele
Kitchen cabinets
Can someone here give me the names of a few sites for...
Optimist999
Milgard SunCoat vs SunCoat Max vs I89 x-post
x-posted in Windows forum We're getting ready to remodel...
lisa_a
Shaker style question
What are y'all's opinions on Shaker style cabinetry....should...
janelor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™