Window Cover to Put Over Blind?

bertha_2007June 29, 2013

We have wooden blinds with fabric toppers. We are thinking about finding a replacement for the toppers. We'd like to have a darkening shade or curtain that can be pulled up. Any suggestions?
I was hoping for a fabric shade that looks nice and goes on the outside of the blinds...maybe one that pulls down in a forward motion toward you- the over orientation rather than the under orientation, but I can't find anything.
The photo shows what I'd like in a rolling blind. I am not sure if this photo is a blind or not. (anyway it can't be purchased).

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

That looks like a valance on a decorative rod. It looks stationary. There may be something like that out there, but I have not seen it. Blinds that roll need some type of hardware to make them work. There are blinds that roll up using strings, but I think they always have a curve at the bottom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Blinds roll up with strings

    Bookmark   June 29, 2013 at 8:45PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

I don't know how a roller shade will work over a venetian blind....seems to me you may need a new solution entirely to accomplish what you want...or just put a valance topper to soften the look of the wood.

    Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 9:51AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Carriage House garage door with clay siding.
Hubby is finally ready to replace the garage and walk...
Update on mcm landscaping - slow but sure progress
The concrete patios are in, but still curing. They...
Does your decor match your wardrobe?
In different places I see suggestions to start with...
JCPenny Linden Street Furniture Slip Cover?
Does anyone have the JCPenny Linden Street Furniture...
Animal print carpeting revisited
I googled stark and it looks like it sells to the trade....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™