Bedroom design

ky978152June 30, 2013

Hello!

I just received some awesome help for planning my living room so thought I would get some help with the bedroom as well :)

I currently have deep purple curtains (see attached photo, very similar) with matching throw pillows, and brand new white sheets/white duvet color. My curtains were expensive and the sheets are new so I need to work around these 2 things but am flexible with the rest. Again, it is a very small room, so I want the room to be crisp, clean and minimal but still have style and look pulled together.

Any ideas for paint colors? I was thinking a very pale purple on the same color pallet as the curtains but am open to ideas. Only thing I want to avoid is grey since my living room will be a light gray and the bedroom is off of the living room.

Also, any ideas for what I should have on the walls or ways to make the space look bigger?

Thank again!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joaniepoanie

I don't think picture is posted. If you go with a pale purple I think it should have gray undertones. You could also paint walls green...

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 4:04PM
egbar

yes, what joaniepoanie said... if you go toward green make that a light green of some sort, perhaps with greyish undertones to really make the curtains stand out and to help make the color flow from one room to the other, not a sudden or shocking change.

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 6:28PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Picture?

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 7:56AM
ky978152

Here is the picture that is close to the curtain color but I do not have a picture of the bedroom. It is a square room, very small, windows on one wall and closet doors on the wall across from the windows.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 11:19AM
joaniepoanie

This is a strong purple....if it were me I would probably go with a pale, grayish lavendar so the two purples will blend. Going a different color, such as green, may be too jarring and become cartoonish. If the curtains were a pale, light purple, I think you could go with a different color.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 3:35PM
Annie Deighnaugh

You can go with a celery green...very pale

Or you can go with tan colors

Or you can go with a very soft blue or pale gray

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 7:51AM
ky978152

Thanks so much- those visuals really help! I was looking for similar things online but I was having troubles. I like the idea of the blue, or a grayish lavender like joaniepoanie said.

Any suggestions about wall art/frame colors?

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 5:46PM
Annie Deighnaugh

Art is very personal, and that should come last in the decor. You'll have to look around and see what you like...

Bookmark   July 5, 2013 at 3:52PM
More Discussions
Repurposed Wallpaper
I DON'T KNOW WHY but I save a roll of wallpaper all...
mustangs81
HGTV Fixer Upper show
I have been reading in blog land about HGTV's new show...
ratherbesewing
WWYD re: tile in bathroom/mudroom
So my DH thought that before we put all our baseboards...
akl_vdb
Help!! Has anyone seen this rug??
I saved this rug in one of my files last week. Now...
lcskaisgir
Area Rugs - Will Viscose rug last?
Hi, I am in the midst of redecorating my LR & DR....
fillagirl
Sponsored Products
Napa Black 1-drawer Bedside Table
Overstock.com
Jennifer Taylor 18 x 18 in. La Rosa Fringe Pillow - 2248-670672
$165.00 | Hayneedle
Lithonia Lighting Ceiling Mounted Lighting Saturn 1-Light Flush-Mount Ceiling
Home Depot
Floral Silhouette Giclee Glow Bronze Club Table Lamp
$99.99 | Lamps Plus
Carson Tufted Contemporary Ottoman Black
Zuri Furniture