looking for pattern name/instructions

bloomorelseOctober 14, 2013

Not sure where I found the pic of this quilt, but can't figure out how to piece it, without cutting the long pieces in 2, kinda like a log cabin block. It looked simple when I saved the picture.

Is there a name to this pattern? I looked for stained glass, but have never came across this one again.

Joan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanajayne

I am not sure of the name of the pattern but the only challenge would be the partial seams that are necessary for the construction.
It appears that the rectangle blocks are bordered on the long sides with a 1 1/2 strip of black. The square size is the width of the rectangle. I am not sure that all the rec, have equal strip borders. There seem to be 1 1/2 setting strips between the blocks.
I am sure others will have better inf. but that is my take from the picture.

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 1:15PM
msmeow

It looks to me like you would add the narrow black strips to one edge of the colored rectangles, then construct it like the Bright Hopes block (see link below). Then you would add the narrow black sashing between the blocks.

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Bright Hopes block

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 1:34PM
bloomorelse

Thanks Donna. That looks exactly like the quilt block in the pic, minus the black strips. Just thought it would be a way to use up some of my left over pieces from other quilting projects.

Joan

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 2:49PM
bloomorelse

Got this top done and thought I'd show it to you. Now to quilt it. Not sure what to hand quilt in it. Any suggestions welcome.

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 1:03PM
quiltingfox

I like to hand quilt, ... I think I would keep it simple and do echo quilting in the grey & black and then maybe do a decorative stitch (like stencil a design and then embroider it) in the white blocks to really make them pop.

Best to you,
Sandra

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 1:30PM
nannykins

That is a beautiful quilt!
Theresa

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 3:15PM
bloomorelse

I keep calling it SITD, but it's probably echoing, as my lines are about 1/4" from the seems. Thinking of maybe a variagated grey thread. I have done a Queen with a free hand meandering. I'd kinda like to do loops, but not sure I could free hand that so it would look even. The centre blocks are actually not white, but a soft grey with small grey dots.

Bookmark   March 15, 2014 at 8:47PM
geezerfolks_SharonG_FL

Great way of putting your left over pieces together!

SharonG/FL

Bookmark   March 15, 2014 at 9:31PM
More Discussions
What should I do with these?
I picked up this jelly roll of Kaffe Fassett fabrics...
Fran Sajewicz
Trying to locate quilt pattern
I know it's been awhile since posting and I'm not sure...
Vanislegirl88
Q.O.T.D.: What does your sewing room look like?
Question of the Day: What does your sewing room look...
quiltingfox
The Zelda Quilt-Along
We launched Zelda: The Quilt-Along on my blog yesterday....
lindaoh_gw
Old/new names
So I (we) don't lose anyone, I think listing our forum...
jennifer_in_va
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™